cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrofit Advice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey all,

I'm looking for some thoughts on the following situation. Imagine you have a bunch of transports that contain in-process development in an ECC5.0 dev box, and you're upgrading to ECC6.0 at the same time. I know, I know, bad situation, just humor me.

At the same time you are setting up ChaRM and wonder if you could use the retrofit functionality to get those development changes from ECC5.0 dev into ECC6.0 dev

Now would you have to create a change request and assign all those transports to it? Would you have to create a change request for each transport? Or could you just assign the transports to the task list and just retrofit them from there?

I'm not really sure retrofit is going to save any time in this situation, but maybe I'm missing something.

I'd love to hear any thoughts on this.

regards,

Jason

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

DoloresCorrea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

You can run the task "retrofit" from a document or from the M* task list directly (this task list is for changes in Landscape 1)

When running this from the task list you are going to get the list of all TR registered in this task list that have a TR to retrofit and you should enter the TR created in the dev system of the lanscape 2.

So, I think you could create a normal correction for landscape 2 and created several TR for this normal correction or even create the TR directly in the second task list for the Landscape 2, as the only thing you need is to enter the target TR when you are running this action.

I have been not testing this but I think it is not required to have TRs assigned to documents, only to the task list.

Hope this helps, let me know please,

Dolores