cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[ERP-EWM] Distribute Packaging Instructions to EWM as Packaging Specific.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

according to SAP ERP and EWM documentation, there is not any option for distributing ERP packaging instrunctions to EWM as packaging specifications.

In an system landscape with several ERP WM and SCM EWM warehouses, it would be advantageous to maintain packaging instructions in one system (ERP) and distribute them to the decentral systems.

Of course there are lot of possibilities by means of proprietary development...

- Extending the CIF interface

- Transferring the packaging instructions from ERP to EWM and updating the packaging specifications via RFC (periodically)

- Sending an IDOC to EWM every time a packaging instruction in ERP is created or changed

- Exporting periodically packaging instructions from ERP, processing them, and uploading to EWM (/SCWM/IPU)

Does somebody have any experience to this topic?

Regards,

Laura

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Laura,

I have same issue, do u find any solution?

S0004240862
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Laura,

EWM Pack specs are more extensive than ECC packing instructions. That is the reason SAP has not provided standard Interface to map them directly. But it is easy to use SAP standard Pack spec load program to load Pack specs from Legacy or from ECC Packing instructions.

There is standard EWM interface to update Pack Specs from EWM to other EWM/ other SAP/non SAP systems.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Shivaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for the late reply, but the only solution I've been able to find to date would be attached to note: 1600321.

Which is a SAP Consulting Solution. My client has a requirement which the packing instr. are updated dynamically several times a week as well.