Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FOLDER LEVEL RESTRICTION IN SOLMAN

Former Member
0 Kudos

SOLMAN PROJECT

Dear All,

I have to create a new project in Sol man (eg."Document"). The requirement is to upload all the documents of the project into Sol man. Documents are already classified module wise as IT,MM,SD,Mktg,E Biz etc. and stored in respective Subfolders.

Similar folder structure has been created within Sol man, with folder names as below and documents have been uploaded respectively:

Level 1: Project Name

Level 2: Module Names

Level 3: Module Folders

DOCUMENT

IT

- Sub Folders

SD

- Sub Folders

PP

- Sub Folders

our requirement is to restrict user's access for Level 2 and Level 3 Folders. Suppose There is three user A user is having IT access and B is having SD access and C is having PP access but the requirement is A user is not able to see SD and PP sub folders and Vice versa and B user is not able to see PP and IT and C user is not able to access SD and IT.

Kindly help in this matter

Thanks in Advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

How to create a folders and sub folders in solution manager.

Can anyone help me that i have mentoion below folder level hirerachary

Regard's

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's not possible. Additionally it is not the intent of Solution Manager. You are trying to organize documents by application silo, which is the opposite intent of Solution Manager. You should be organizing them by process. If you followed this methodology the folder structure would work. i.e Project --> Business Scenario --> Business Process --> Process Step.

I understand that you have a requirement to use SolMan strictly as a document repository, and I have had that requirement before as well. But you need to understand the methodology and intent of SolMan is to manage your solution according to business process, not by module.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear shivjansi

Thanks for replying answer but now situation like that

can anybody let me know how can i uplod this hirerchary.

I have to create folder structure respectively:

DOCUMENT - PROJECT NAME

IT (Folder )

- Sub Folders (in that 7 Sub Folder)

-

in that 5 Documents in all Sub Folders

SD ( Folder )

-

PP ( Folder )

-

Thnaks in Advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Banerjee Vivek

Thanks for replying but can you Any body let me know from wher i can download security guide of Sol man

Thanks in advance

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

to restrict the folder level access.

[|] check the above thread

and for documents

i would like to direct you to the sdn solution manager wiki,

[http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SMSETUP/Home|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SMSETUP/Home]

there you get link of all documents.

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are seeking a document repository, and one way to restrict is by specifying the project team members for each Unit (Process) in Solar01 and 02, that way you can restrict access.

A good starting point will be to check the security guide for SolMan, this is something your security person can set up , along with ofcourse definition of the correct team members for the specific Unit (business process)

Cheers!