cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing Leading Zeroes in Location value

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Gurus,

I am having some trouble in releasing demand plan to SNP. On the demand planning side, we are using standard characteristic 9ALOCATION for storing location values. When I release demand plan (using Location characteristic - 9ALOCATION) to SNP, I get a message saying 'Location 00000000000000003000 does not exist'. But, I have location '3000' assigned to the active model in APO system.

I believe this issue is arising because, the system is storing leading zeroes in Location value '3000' on Demand Planning side. I know that there is customization setting (SPRO-> APO -> Master data -> Product -> specify output format) to prevent leading zeroes from being added to product number. But I don't see a similar setting for Location and moreover I am using 9ALOCATION and not 9ALOCNO.

So, how can I remove leading zeroes in the values of 9ALOCATION.

Any help/comments are appreciated.

Thanks,

Shiv.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found a solution to this problem. Unlike 9ALOCNO, Characteristic '9ALOCATION' has Alpha conversion routine. So this conversion routine fills up the leading zeros. I removed Alpha conversion routine from the 9ALOCATION in RSA1 and it works fine now.