cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract item customer fields not getting saved from ITS side??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I have had to add "account assignment" details to a contract item (3 fields: account assignment, G/L account and cost center)...

All is going fine....in fact the 3 fields have been added on the contract item level in function group BBP_CTR_UI_ITS screen 4100. I followed the instructions in SAP note number 458591 "user defined fields: preparation and use"...

The 3 fields I added where "generated" down to SAP table level and now appear in table BBP_PDIGP...

Also when I create a contract from transaction BBP_CTR_MAIN and fill my 3 new fields in on the item level all works fine when I release the contract...the contract item gets created and the 3 new fields appear nicely in table BBP_PDIGP....so from the GUI side all is PERFECT...

I have worked on the ITS side of things quite a bit but now I clearly don't understand something...

I go to "internet service" BBP_CTR_MAIN - template SAPLBBP_CTR_UI_ITS 4100.....I have added my code and my 3 fields display perfectly on the web page....for each contract item.....

As I said I can make the contract with the 3 new fields filled perfectly via the GUI (transaction BBP_CTR_MAIN)....and if I VIEW that contract on the web it also displays perfect with the 3 filled in fields....

If I COPY that contract.....and save the new one, the 3 fields are still fine, all saved.

NOW COMES THE PROBLEM:-)

If I create a new contract from the web, fill in my 3 fields on the contract item level THE 3 FIELD VALUES SEEM TO NOT GET POSTED BACK AND SAVED IN THE SRM DATABASE...

I have tried everything from using FIELD-GET, FIELD-SET...the note I mentioned above mentions some BADI's that I could possibly use:

BBP_CUF_BADI_2 (modify screen methods etc)

BBP_DOC_SAVE_BADI

All I really want to try understand is how interaction between the user clicking on the web page and the SAP GUI screen flow is really happening.....I mean I see in function group BBP_CTR_UI_ITS there are a number of function modules with ITS in them, are those function modules just called when the user is clicking on the web (via ITS etc) - I would assume so...

Bottomline is I need what is happening in the SAP GUI to happen on the web as well.....it is almost there, I just need a push in the right direction so that I can grab the fields from the web page, in the most standard way possible.

Thanks for the help, I am very curious to see how this sort of solved.

Regards

Lynton

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lynton,

What is your EBP version and patch level ?

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

He Yann,

We are running SRM 3.0, EBP 4.0 - support pack 8

Thanks for the help

Lynton