cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

negative forecast from DP to SNP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

we tried to release a negative forecast (for return planning) from DP to SNP with /SAPAPO/MC90 but the system generates a message saying "negative values not possible, set to zero".

So a negative forecast seems to be not possible.

Is there a possibility to overcome this problem, i.e. release a negative forecast?

Thanks!

Christian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I agree with Vipul. SNP can't plan with negative forecast - and hence negative is not allowed. I understand logically forecast should never be negative. It would be interesting to know business reason to release negative forecast? Or you doing this for some technical reason to overcome somethg?

Please do let know.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare.

former_member309586
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

We have multiple DP planning areas based on countries. Lets say US is shipping directly to Mexico customer and source location of the product is US and now we need to release to on SNP. Please see that demand will be there in US DP planning area and also Mexico planning area.

I am fine getting the full release to SNP with US and Mexico planning are with ADD function and i create a process chain.

My question will be ADHOC release. Can any one let me know how we can handle this scenario.

Thanks & Regards,

Rajesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we want to forecast returns (i.e. expected receipts in the future). Logically this could be a negative forecast which should be consumed by return oders in SNP.

But we are not 100% sure about this process and anyway it seems that this will not work because negative forecast is not allowed in SNP.

regards

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

SNP can't plan with negative forecast - and hence negative is not allowed.

What the business reason to release negative forecast?

Ideally, you should make all negative forecast to ZERO in DP and then you should release it.

Vipul