cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sapscript driver for device type EPESCP9 Epson TM-U590

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are having some issues on sapscript printing in both print preview and actual print in the printer.

We are suspecting that a special sapscript driver for device type EPESCP9 printer Epson TM-U590 should be selected. Line Printer Driver II is currently selected. I tried other drivers such as ESC etc.

Do we need to create a new sapcript driver for this? Can we use SAPWIN driver? I understand that the all users can't install a remote printer ouside their network.

Thanks in advance for your expert opinions.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Regarding the usage of SAPWIN. With your printer connected to a Windows system, you can use the device

type SAPWIN with Access Method S,G or F which will utilise the Windows printer driver.

You can use Access Method S if the printer is connected to a Windows print server running SAPSprint.(Note #894444) You use Access Method G (see note 821519) if the printer is defined in the Windows Print manager of the Frontend user's PC.

Regarding general device type usage : With the SAP Printer Vendor program (see SAP Note 1130927) printer

vendors are empowered to build device types for their printers in a well-defined and well-integrated manner. In SAP Note 1100779 you will find a list of all members of the SAP Printer Vendor program. Each member of the SAP Printer Vendor program has a SAP Note (Printer Vendor Wizard Note) in which they can provide information about new supported

printer models. For a full list of Printer Vendor Wizard Notes please check SAP Note 1097990. In case your printer model is not listed in the Printer Vendor Wizard Notes, please proceed as described in SAP Note 1103826.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth,

Thank you for the valueable response. I'll get back at you after checking the notes.