cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message mapping problem: BAPI with range table parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

A kind hello to all,

I try to call the BAPI_ALM_ORDERHEAD_GET_LIST in a 4.70 system via RFC connector. The configuration already works with another BAPI. With this here I get message mapping exception:

Trace level="1" type="T">com.sap.aii.utilxi.misc.api.BaseRuntimeException: RuntimeException in Message-Mapping transformation: Zielelement /ns1:BAPI_ALM_ORDERHEAD_GET_LIST kann nicht angelegt werden. Prüfen Sie, ob die XML-Instanz für die Ausgangs-XSD und die Zielfeldzuordnung die Anforderungen der Ziel-XSD erfüllt. at com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf3.AMappingProgram.start

(How can I switch the trace language to English easily? I try to translate:

"BAPI_ALM_ORDERHEAD_GET_LIST cannot be created. Check if the XML instance meets the requirements for the output XSD and the destination field mapping meets the requirements of the destination XSD.")

But the mapping test tool in the Integration Builder Design does not report any warning or error.

My guess is that the problem lies in the parameter structure of the BAPI_ALM_ORDERHEAD_GET_LIST: I have to fill the IT_RANGES selection range table, so it looks as if I need several instances of the item in the corresponding XML. Can I use "Duplicate tree" in the mapping editor? Here I got another exception?

Many thanks for any help!

Regards,

Carsten

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Carsten,

plz download the XML payload from SXMB_MONI and test in the Repository mapping test tool. Choose highest trace. The error message said, that your root element cant be created.

Regards,

Udo

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udo,

you gave the final hint, indeed I used a XML file that was not evidently not compliant to the message type I created (even though it had been validated by Altova XMLspy).

From now onwards I only use the "Create instance" function of the test tool to create the XML body of my test messages...

Thanks a lot,

and best regards,

Carsten