Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot open comm channels after upgrading

rainer_hbenthal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

we just upgraded our old fashioned XI 3.0 to PI 7.11. When i now try to open a communication channel from the scenario view, the red/white circle appears, the tree indicator disappears and i'm getting an error message (see below), After that the tree indicator still disappeared, and the comm channels are not displayed. When i switch to object view, i can see the comm channels. After going back to scenario view, the tree indicator appears again, but the same game starts over. Any hint what is currupted and how it can fixed?

====================================================================
= Root Exception ===================================================
====================================================================
Thrown:
com.sap.aii.utilxi.swing.framework.FrameworkException: Internal problem occurred
	at com.sap.aii.utilxi.swing.toolkit.ExceptionDialog.init(ExceptionDialog.java:126)
	at com.sap.aii.utilxi.swing.toolkit.ExceptionDialog.<init>(ExceptionDialog.java:98)
	at com.sap.aii.utilxi.swing.framework.navigation.tree.ThreadedTree$BrokenCommunication.run(ThreadedTree.java:2478)
	at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
	at com.sap.aii.utilxi.swing.toolkit.Guitilities$EventProcessor.dispatchEvent(Guitilities.java:320)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

The log is at least 46 kB big, so too big to post that all.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

please check the note #764176 and 1334053 which resolves your issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Naveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check the note

1152640 - SAP NetWeaver 7.1 including EHPs: Importing ESR content

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rainer,

Check SAP Note: 1061649

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rainer,

The comm channels have adapter type. This adapter type refers to the adapter metadata which are stored in ESR/IR.

While you were in XI 3.0, the metadat was stored in SAP BASIS 3.0 under namespace http://sap.com/xi/XI/System

Now since you have upgraded to PI 7.11, the namespace might not be available in ESR. Please edit the channels and select the adapter type from http://sap.com/xi/XI/System namespace for SAP BASIS 7.11

Let me know if any issues.

Cheers!

Souvik