cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

some basic doubts in sybase unwired platform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Friends

I am new SUP. I confused some basic question in sup. Plz help me. If you know atleast one question plz post me don't ignore, your answers are more help for me...

1) Is Afaria server compulsary for sybase unwired platform?

2) what is the use of Afaria server?

3) What is the difference between bob and dad?

4) How to store database in device? (offline mode)

5) How to write online application?

6) If I developed application in blackberry After can i build in windows mobile directly with our any modification in code?

7) What is the use of Mobie workflow package?

😎 what is the difference between dad and Mobile workflow package?

Thanks in advance...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tahir_z
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi sathya4,

You can find all answers from the following link : [Sybase Unwired Platfrom|http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.sybase.infocenter.pubs.docset-SUP-1.5.2/doc/html/title.html]

For Device management like security etc.. you can use Afaria. This comes with SUP it depends on you to use but it makes easier to manage devices.

DAD means Device Application Designer its a development tools kit which comes with SUP

BOB is a sybase framework.

Sybase has its own database to keep datas on device which called ultralite that runs offline scenario.

You can develop apps for Blackberry and Windows Mobile by using DAD and also allows to add some custom codes.

Hope this made you a little clear about the SUP. But if you go throguh link u can find more detail.

Regards

Tahir

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you one and all

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) Is Afaria server compulsary for sybase unwired platform?

No.., Its not compulsary to work on SUP

2) what is the use of Afaria server?

Afaria server is mainly used for administration purpose..., to manage other SUP clients, to define security parameters, and to monitor the processes

3) What is the difference between bob and dad?

Even I am a new learner.., It would be good if any one throws light on bob...

And as far as dad is concerned.., it is used for application design...,

7) What is the use of Mobie workflow package?

Mobile Workflow package allows an end user to access the Enterprise data on his mobile and initiate further process.., U can google about this. Its much simple. E.g: Leave application process workflow

😎 what is the difference between dad and Mobile workflow package?

As said earlier DAD allows you to design your device application and a Mobile workflow process package allows you to necessiate a workflow process.., U can begin designing an workflow process by selecting the Mobile Workflow Forms Editor..

I am watching this space for further replies... Even I am new to this.