cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DP-to-ERP forecast release - material & location master required in APO ?

thomas_schulze2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

we are investigating using the DP-to-ERP forecast release functionality. Purpose is to transfer a APO-DP generated forecast to the connected R3 system.

I see 2 things:

(A) using the "Release from InfoProvider to ERP System" report (in the SAP menu Demand Planning > Planning > Release ) --> I could use a virtual provider based on the DP planning area to do so

(B) Maintain Release Profiles (Demand Planning > Environment > ..)

Question: do I need the locations (= plants) and the products in the APO in the material master available ? (I want to avoid CIFing such products to APO for the purpose of release the DP FCST to R3 only). The SAP help on this topic says for Option (B) I need to have material and location master data in APO. On option (A) it looks to me that I don't need to have this. Could somebody pls help here ?

Regards

Thomas

Edited by: Thomas Schulze on Mar 29, 2011 1:38 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

You will need the master data for which you want to transfer the forecast from APO to ECC.

Because in some case, if particular product will have forecast and that product does not exist in ECC then definitely it will give you the CIF error.you choose any functionality for transfer of forecast,as per my knowledge, Master Data must be there.

I got your point of avoiding CIF errors but if everything works fine then also it is possible that you will get a different error in while CIF.

Regards,

Saurabh

thomas_schulze2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Saurabh,

thanks for the response. Do you know if I need more than only the master CIF models ?

I understand from your response that I need material & location master data for location products I want the FCST to be transfered to ECC - this should be easy to arrange in R3 CFM1. Do I need anything else on the APO side ? How does APO know to which R3 System the fcst has to flow to ? Does this require other settings like a publication profile in APO etc. ? If I submit the DP Fcst to ERP does this require a CIF model from R3 to APO with element "forecast" (CFM1 help says it only used to push FCST from ERP to APO ..) ?

Thanks.

Regards

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

As per my knowledge, you need to consider following points while transferring Forecast from APO to R/3.

1) Product and Locations should be maintained in APO & R/3.

2) Location Split should be maintained(I guess this is optional..please check)

3) Active Integration Model should be maintained for PIR(For Product location combination)

4) Time bucket Profile should have only one periodicity.

5) Transfer Profile should be created.

6) Maintain Publication (Maintain Distribution Definition).

7) Create background job to release to R/3.

😎 CIF Connection between APO and R/3 should be On/Active.

I hope this will help you at some extent.

Regards,

Saurabh

thomas_schulze2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Saurabh,

that helps ... thanks !

Sounds like there is no way around using CIF for the DP-to-ERP Fcst release ...

Regards

Thomas

Answers (0)