cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Vendor master data CIF from ERP to EWM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

i would like to find out if is it possible to CIF (transfer) Vendor and Customer Master Data from the ERP ECC6 system to the SCM EWM 7.0 system.??

in my company we are using both systems and you may that some of the Customers and Vendors are not in the EWM system.

is it posible to automate the process while saving the Vendor or Customer in ERP???

Thank you in advance for your input.

Regards

TJ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TJ,

Yes, it is possible to transfer vendor master form ECC to EWM APO Core Interface (CIF).

the below master data can be transfer using APO Core Interface (CIF), but you have to schedule the batch jobs for the same when you are creating new master records in ECC.

¡ Plant (location)

¡ Material (product)

¡ Customer (location)

¡ Vendor (location)

¡ BOM and routing/recipe (production process model)

see the below links for more details

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/36/d5d83773c3522be10000009b38f842/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/a6/ac12403dbedd5fe10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Regards,

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

let me go through the links you sent and i'll give you the feedback.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to find out if the CIF can be done automatically (without user interference) when saving a Vendor or a Customer in the ERP.

e.g. You create a Vendor in the ERP and when you click on SAVE, the Vendor master is saved in the ERP, at the same, i want the Vendor to be transfered to EWM Automatically.

Please help

Thx!!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are three possibilities:

Initial data transfer

You must include the relevant locations in an integration model for the integration. When you activate the integration model, the locations are sent to SAP APO and created there.

A necessary prerequisite for a sequence of processes and for the transfer of changes is that the objects are contained in an active integration model.

You can also repeat the initial data transfer if the integration model is deactivated in the meantime.

Change transfer using change pointers

You can use ALE change pointers to log changes to customer and vendor master data. They can then be transferred using the program RCPTRAN4 (transaction CFP1) without reactivating the integration model.

Online transfer of customer and vendor master data using BTE

You can also transfer customer and location master data using a business transaction event (BTE). You can set the system so that the transfer of changed and newly created customers and vendors is directly initiated when the master data is updated in the ERP system.

When transferring changes, the system always transfers the complete master data record and not just the changed fields. This means that those fields in SAP APO that originate in the ERP system and have been locally changed in SAP APO are overwritten by the system. You can prevent this information being overwritten in SAP APO by using a customer enhancement.

In this case, the system can only automatically recognize that a location has been changed, and transfer the data to SAP APO if you carry out the change directly in the fields of the material master record. Changes to the customizing or profile tables may also mean that you have to transfer the locations again. Changes that only indirectly influence the master record cannot be automatically recognized by the system.

if it is helpful for you then provide points ....