Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adhoc Queries

former_member298408
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have one requirement, wherein I have to give access to users of two SAP Adhoc Queries.

These queries are assigned to a User Group, which are assigned to users through SQ03.

Due to some limitations we cannot create a custom TCode for these two queries.

So, is there any way out through which we could provide the users access to these two specific queries through SQ01 by assigning them the specific User Group through SQ03 but the users should not be having access to other queries that are present in that specific User Group.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I think this is not possible. But you can easily copy query (Query --> Copy) and Infoset to another user group - and these two persons have access (SQ03) to this new creaed user group.

hope this helps

have fun

Flo

14 REPLIES 14

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I think this is not possible. But you can easily copy query (Query --> Copy) and Infoset to another user group - and these two persons have access (SQ03) to this new creaed user group.

hope this helps

have fun

Flo

0 Kudos

Hi,

I'll check this and will get back to you.

Thanks

Aditi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Due to some limitations we cannot create a custom TCode for these two queries.

Is this because of the new developer key check performed when generating a transaction code in PFCG?

I would open an OSS message and complain about it asis forces developers to build roles or role admins to pay developer key licenses.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Is this because of the new developer key check performed when generating a transaction code in PFCG?

Until ECC5 (Basis release 6.40) it does not require a developer key for generation of Custom tcode for Global work area Ad hoc queries. I have been doing it recently. It would be interesting to know if its something introduced in newer versions of SAP.

@Aditi: Which release are you on? and what exactly is the problem encountered for generation custom tcode?

You can also try using a query created under standard Work area which doesnot require generation of a custom tcode rather they can be accessed via SAP tcode- S_PH0_48000513 and users can be restricted to respective Adhoc query user groups. Please note Standard work area ad hoc queries are client specific.

Thanks

Sandipan

Edited by: Sandipan Choudhury on Mar 29, 2011 5:16 PM

0 Kudos

It was introduced via a support pack about 3 months ago.

I am not happy either

0 Kudos

Hi,

No, it's not regarding developer key.

I don't know why, but somebody created these queries and corresponding user group in production directly, so these do not exist in dev environment and if we will create custom TCodes for these queries then everything will have to be created afresh in dev like programs behind these queries and queries itself and it would overwrite the things in Production.

So, we are looking if there is any alternative through which we can do it directly in Production, i.e users are assigned to user group corresponding to these queries but they can only run two specific queries under that user grou,p not all.

I was wondering, if we can make use of Personalization or Menu (Other) tab in SU01 for this, not sure though.

0 Kudos

Hi Sandeepan,

Please refer to my answer to Julius.

Yes, we are giving the access to these two queries in exactly the similar way what you have described and the corresponding user group is in standard area only, problem is we do not want user to have access to all the queries present in that user group, but only to two of them.

Thanks

Aditi

0 Kudos

Hi Aditi,

If you are using queries under Standard work area in production, it is quite obvious that they are not available in other lower systems as they are client specific only and hence not transported.

As per my understanding, only solution is create to new user group containing the infosets of your 2 special queries and assign them to the required users.

@ Julius: Thanks for the information regarding the developer key requirement

Thanks

Sandipan

0 Kudos

Hello Sandeepan,

But the Problem is if we will create a new user group with infosets of these queries then the user will get access to all the queries present in that infoset, which we don't want.

Thanks

Aditi

Former Member
0 Kudos

In PFCG there is an option in the Menu tab - > Report -> Report type as SAP Query -> Enter User Group and Query.

Would be better if you ask them to create the query in Dev and then u add these queries to the specifc role and transport them. Would not advise to use PFCG in Production directly to add these queries to a role. They do not need to create the custom t-code for it if they do not want but then SAP will automatically assign some technical Y* name to the query.

0 Kudos

Hi Nishant,

Yes, we cannot modify any Role directly in Prod, that's out of question and the whole problem is because that we do not want to create the program behind the query, then query, infoset, user group etc. etc. in Dev environment altogether, because it would increase the task and when it gets moved to Prod it will over write existing things, that's why we are looking for anything that could be done in Prod directly.

I was just thinking if we can make use of Personalization Tab in SU01 in anyway or not.

Thanks

Aditi

0 Kudos

Hi Aditi,

I do not see any Personalization Object Key except SAP_QUERY_USERGROUP and that assigns user group to a role. Even then user will have access to all the queries in the Infoset assigned to that User group. If you are going to create your personalization key with say Query and User then there is a need for application development.

Please go through the post - [; where Bernhard has posted some links regarding this topic. Maybe that could help a little.

In my opinion it would be easier to get a query created in Dev and restricting it there then the other way around. Also how are u restricting the users from creating other queries ? Are they restricted to execute SQ01 ?

Also I am confued about the underlying programs that you mentioned. From where does program come into picture? It is just a query pulling data from Infoset. To me it seems functional guys trying not to do their job when in the first place they only need the restriction on the queries.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please explain the Process of creating new Personalization Object Key for Queries and Users.

Would that help in resolving the issue without creating the Query in Dev.

Thanks

Aditi

0 Kudos

Back to the beginning:

1) The simple fix is to move the query to a transaction.....what is the limitation you speak of?

2) The alternative has been stated above....A) copy the Infoset to a new Infoset; B) attach this to a New User Group

o.k. then the the next work is as follows:

In SQ02: Change InfoSet > Goto Global Properties > Enter in Authorization group

In SQ01: Query > More functions > Generate program

Now the down side is this Authorization Group is in S_PROGRAM....I say downside because a lot of time this object is given out with stars and it means going through all roles with S_PROGRAM to ensure you can isolate your new authorization group.

Let us know if we can do anything to show you how to simply move this to a traction. That's the simple way.

Al