cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Reserved" batch numbers on orders "stolen" by unconnected deliveries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've had a good look around the many postings on here relating to batch determination issues and can't find one that fits this scenario, so her goes with a new post....

For some batch managed materials we trigger batch determination at order entry. For all batch managed materials we trigger batch determinatio nat delivery creation (obviously not if the batch has already been determined on the order).

I have a scenario that is causing a problem. Maybe it's just an issue of understanding how SAP really works.

I enter an order for material ABC and (correctly, due to set-up) batch determination is triggered and batch number 123 is assigned to the order. The quantity involved is the full quantity of the batch that is in stock. The order schedule line is confirmed but for a few days in the future so no Delivery to be created yet.

Meanwhile a Delivery is created for another order (that is confirmed for current date) for material ABC (where no batch was assigned to its order) and this assigns batch number 123, thus "stealing" the stock of the batch from the earlier order it was allocated to.

Is this "normal" or do I have a problem with a) my batch set-up or b) my availability check being applied on the deliveries?

Thanks,

M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check in T.code OVZ9, for the availability check and checking rule (delivery), the field Include sales requirements and include deliveries must be checked. Same way for sales order checking rule, make sure the field include deliveries is also checked.

Regards,

0 Kudos

Hi Shiva Ram:

I did what you suggested. I checked "include sales reqmts" and "include deliveries" in both sales order and delivery availability check control (OVZ9).

yet problem persists.

Material-xyz

total quantity (in MMBE & CO09): 15 (batch-AA:5 & batch-BB:10)

Scenario-I:

I created sales order-1 with order quantity 5 and hard allocated batch AA.

I created sales order-2 with order quantity-15 and did not allocate batch in the sales order.

We have batch determination at delivery.

batch job created delivery "12345678" (through VL10G) for sales order-2 with full quantity (15). It grabbed the quantity from sales order-1 to create above delivery.

Scenario-II: (for some other materials, it is behaving like below, though it got same availability check on MMR)

I created sales order-1 with order quantity 5 and hard allocated batch AA.

I created sales order-2 with order quantity-15 and did not allocate batch in the sales order.

I had put a delivery block (which does not block confirmations at line item level) at schedule line in sales order-1.

I had let system to create delivery for sales order-2. This time, system created delivery for quantity of 10 (because of back order logic). Its fine until now.

However, I went back to sales order-1 and removed delivery block. When I am trying to create delivery, it says "Only 0 EA of material XYZ batch-AA available." But, in the sales order, when I ran availability check, it still shows 5 are available. I am confused.

am i missing anything in the config? please advise. it helps me lot.

thanks for your time in advance.

Edited by: KRISHNA CHAITANYA on Apr 21, 2011 3:07 AM

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I did what you suggested
yet problem persists

Probably, you were trying with the existing sale order which should not be. Create a new sale order and try the same process.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi