cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading from EHP4 to EHP5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Upgrading from EHP4 to EHP5 in a Linux-MaxDb environment, in the phase PREP_INIT/VERSCHK_INI I have this error in the SAPup_troubleticket.log file (and in the SAPEHPI gui):

SAPup broke during phase VERSCHK_INI in module PREP_INIT / Initialization

Error Message: Start Release configuration 'SAP_APPL=604,SAP_BASIS=701,SAP_BW=701' is not supported

Compare the release of your SAP system with the requirements listed in the documentation.

I think that the starting release is correct.

I haven't found the prerequisites of EHP5 upgrade for the Support Package levels.

What is the problem?

Thanks a lot.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I am a ramp up partner with SAP.

I found the problem: I start with SAPup instead of SAPEHPI (like suggested from first answer...).

Sorry

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

EHP5 is not available for general release. Are you a ramp up partner with SAP ? If yes, then only you will be able to get EHP5 support packages else you need to wait until it is available for general release.

Thanks

Sunny

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can find the master guide and inst guide on SMP http://service.sap.com/erp-ehp

VERSCHK_INI does a Version check of your current components and its not finding the required level.

Please check your SAPup is up to date too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I use SAPEHPI, but the massagge refer to SAPup...

changzheng_zhao
Explorer
0 Kudos

I believe you should us the Enhancement Package installer tool (SAPehpi) instead of the upgrade tool (SAPup).