SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MM42 does not pick up the updated data from MARC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We are updating MARC values (RP type : DISMM and Minimum Safety Stock: EISLO ) for articles through our Z-development using the UPDATE statement.

Although the MARC is getting updated with new values, when I enter the article nuber in MM42, it shows old RP type and old Minimum Safety Stock: only.

Any idea about this issue?

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

One of the most obvious reason for this non-update of MARC for replenishment fields with your Z program is that you might be trying to upate the MARC through front-end which leads to table locking among MARC, WRPP and WRPL.

There are tow ways to get it done now, 1st way is to increase the system performance to aviod such table locking but still there will be chances of table locking with some user activity for an article(s) (in mm42 or other transactions where get locked for changes) which is part of the update and article master is accessed at that time.

Second and more suitable way is to do a direct update to WRPP which in turn update the WRPL as WRPP is reference table for WRPL and MARC will get updated from WRPL and its the reference table for MARC. Change your Z program accordingly.

I have successsfully resolved a similar issue with such arrangement and above is a summary of my investigation and solution designed earlier.

I hope your query is reasonably answered, please award the points accordingly.

Kind Regards,

Kunwar

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use fm to update mrp data: WRPL_CREATE_VARIANTS_FROM_EXT