cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

import Design Objects in Service Builder

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am able to export and import configuration objects in Configuration Integration Builder from the Tool menu.

I am able to export Design Objects in Enterprise Service Builder.

I am also able to import the Design Objects in Enterprise Service Builder, however, I am not able to find the imported objects.

Although system says the import is successful, but I am not seeing the imported objects in left side panel.

There is nothing in Change Lists either.

My question is where is the imported objects and how could I find them?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

Check note #1330540 Can not import / export deleted objects in PI Directory. Does this match your issue?

Regards

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

the current situation is:

the name sapce is there in Service Builder, and there are 2 objects under it.

These 2 objects are the ones that I did not delete after export all objects under this name space.

I am still not able to find the imported objects, when system says all objects have been successfully imported.

where are they then?

Edited by: jimmy9210 on Mar 29, 2011 8:13 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jimmy,

Please do following checks:

Are all the required objects exported correctly from Source system (which u are importing now)

Next check from which SWCV are the objects/namespace exported. The object are identified based on: SWCV/namespace and object name.

Please check if the exported objects are of the same SWCV which you are looking into after importing.

Souvik

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jimmy,

This is because of the version conflicts in yuour target system.If you try to edit something in Integration Repository in the target system and try to transfer you will get version conflicts.

Please check if this is the error.

Regards,

Naveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jimmy,

Have you imported SWCV in ESR?

Regards,

Beena.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will get back to update the status once PI get back to normal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Beena,

Could you provide steps on how to import SWCV as you mentioned?

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to export SWCV from the SLD to new SLD (if SLDs are different for 2 systems) and then import this SWCV in ESR.

Regards,

Beena.

Former Member
0 Kudos

exactly. all objects in the namespace are exported.

Former Member
0 Kudos

the name space is always there, before I export the objects. and it is there now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

so the files you are trying to import were exported at namespace level (all objects in a namespace) ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It depends on how you have exported those files which need to be imported.

Is it exported at an object, namespace or SWC level ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you imported the respective namespaces as well in ESR? If not, then the objects will not be visible even though the import is successful.

-Supriya.