cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collect idocs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My requirement is to collect idocs (huge number ,at times, more then a million) trigerred in whole day and create a single output file only at a specific time.

Now, I am aware that we can with the following approaches:

1. XML port/file and then process using file adapter

2. BPM

Now my question is how does RSEOUT behaves ? Lets say i collect 1000000 idocs on sender ECC side then even if that number is reached and it is only after RSEOUT runs...the idocs will be send to PI ?

Please guide..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaya,

First thing first, I would not suggest you to go for idoc/BPM when you are handling such a large chunk of data. Its better if you can go with XML port approach. Make a consolidated IDOC-XML file in ECC server and then use sender file adapter to poll it.

Refer the following link:

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/09/18/collecting-idocs-without-using-bpm

Also, the following blog from Michal will help you decide:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2009/05/21/xipi-collecting-idocs--possible-ways-with-pros-and-cons--5-ways

Former Member
0 Kudos

And as far as RSEOUT00's behavior is concerned...I second Stefan's view! even if the package limit is not reached and RESOUT runs then all the idocs will be triggered.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Now my question is how does RSEOUT behaves ? Lets say i collect 1000000 idocs on sender ECC side then even if that number is reached and it is only after RSEOUT runs...the idocs will be send to PI ?

The IDocs are sent out only when you run rseout00. It does not matter if the million idocs are available or less.

The package size number is a maximum number, that means: when you have more IDocs, you will have several packages, but the last package has less IDocs than the package size.

In other words: When there is just one IDoc available, then rseout00 will process just this IDoc.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in your case avoid BPM,collecting a millian IDoc's and composing one single message size will reach more tham 10 MB i guess..i think split in to1000 IDoc's one message like that...good practice as per my exp.

read below blog..after that take decision

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2009/05/21/xipi-collecting-idocs--possible-ways-with-pros-and-cons--5-ways

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

I undesratnd your POV and I ahev already seen that blog but we cant go for XML File/port approach.

My Q is :

Ok..if we collect the idoc's in 1000 then once 1000 idocs are collected in ECC, it will be automatically send to PI or it will wait for RSEOUT report to run ?

former_member472138
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can go ahead with this procedure.

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2010/01/22/idoc-packaging--sap-pi-71-ehp1-and-above

Regards

Pothana

sunilchandra007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> My Q is :

> Ok..if we collect the idoc's in 1000 then once 1000 idocs are collected in ECC, it will be automatically send to PI or it will wait for RSEOUT report to run ?

It would not automatically send the idocs to PI, you need to schedule a job with report RSEOUT00. RSEOUT00 picks the idoc with status 30 (idoc ready to dispatch) and send it to PI and update the idoc status then to 03.

Regards,

Sunil Chandra