Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slitting at Depot with Characteristics how do we handle in excise

former_member224726
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Consider the following scenario.

We have materials with characteristics and we have depots across India.

The product is being manufactured at factory in Jumbo rolls and are slit based on the customer requirements. The slit materials are either sold from the factory or sent to depots for sale from there. For some of the depots, the jumbo rolls are transferred to the depots and they are slit at the depot itself and will be sold from there. The slitting process is addressed through the tcode mill_cut. As per excise, the slit process is allowed at Depot.

The materials are maintained based on a characteristic of width. RG23D is updated with this characteristic at the time of making the GRN at the Depot. After doing the slitting process, when i try to update RG23D for this slit material with the original GRN, it is throwing an error saying the material doesn't exist in the original entry.

How do i overcome it? please help us at the earliest.

Thanks

Suresh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friend,

Hope u have maintained the data's in J1id and try to maintain the Input material and Output materail in cenvat determination.

Regards,

Sudhir

former_member224726
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sudhir,

Thanks for the reply

I checked in J1ID and the details are already maintained.

Suresh

former_member224726
Participant
0 Kudos

This is been resolved. RG23D is updated with the help of material document for slitting (both J1IJ and J1IG).

Thanks

Suresh

Answers (0)