Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom page format issue

former_member284451
Participant
0 Kudos

hello everyone,

my device type CNSAPWIN can print out Chinese with standard page format DINA4, but doesn't print out Chinese with a custom page format. the custom page format can work in English environment.

can someone know the cause?

Edited by: colin hong on Mar 29, 2011 8:20 AM

Edited by: colin hong on Mar 29, 2011 9:29 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the page format same for both the languages?

former_member284451
Participant
0 Kudos

yes, it is same.

the below is Printer initialization actions, is US-ASCII character set caused the issue?

1. reset

\e\0x40

1. select US-ASCII character set

\e\0x52\0x00

1. set line spacing 6 LPI

\e\0x32

1. set page length to 12 inch (=72 lines at 6 LPI)

\e\0x43\0x48

1. cancel bottom margin

\e\0x4F

1. set left margin to 0

\e\0x6C\0x00

1. select LQ quality

\e\0x78\0x01

1. select non-proportional spacing

\e\0x70\0x00

Edited by: colin hong on Mar 30, 2011 5:06 AM

former_member284451
Participant
0 Kudos

I already verified those coding caused Chinese cannot print out.

when i delete the below coding, Chinese don't print out yet. but when i delete all coding, Chinese can correctly print out.

1. select US-ASCII character set

\e\0x52\0x00

can someone tell me which line coding should be deleted? any coding must be kept in the case.

thanks

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you check the standard sapscript page format DINA4, you see the only entry is:

1. change WinCharSet to 134 (GB2312)

\eW134;

So this is all you need in your custom page format.

When you create a custom page format with a windows device type, there is no command sent to windows to set the page size. You need to set up a default custom page format for the printer in the windows print manager and set it as the default page format for this printer. This is decribed in SAP note #163136.

regards,

Aidan

former_member284451
Participant
0 Kudos

the new paper size has been created on the printer's print server. and printout is ok with "EN' environment.

is there standard document for the coding below? would like to know the detail function for them.

\e\0x40

\e\0x52\0x00

\e\0x32

\e\0x43\0x16

\e\0x4F

\e\0x6C\0x00

\e\0x78\0x01

\e\0x70\0x00

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

These commands are ESC/P printer commands. They have no meaning when used with a windows device type. They are only useful with an Epson device type like EPESCP9. See SPAD -> Full Admin -> Device Types -> EPESCP9 -> Formats -> DINA4 -> Printer Initialization.

As I said they have no menaing to the windows printer drivers and should b not be used with a windows device type like CNSAPWIN.

Regards,

Aidan

former_member284451
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Aidan, thanks for your message.

my printer is EPSON LQ-1900KII+

my custom page length is 305mm (A4 is 297mm), CNSAPWIN or SWINCFC can print out Chinese when i remove all those coding. but a problem is the second page will go forward 8mm (the first page is ok) when printing.

how to fix the issue? any idea?

thank you very much in advance.

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Colin,

If you create custom page format with a windows device type like SAPWIN, no command is sent to the printer to set the papaer size. In this case the default page format in windows for the printer is used. The following SAP note describes how to create a page

format at windows level and assign as the default for your printer:

163136 - Creating new paper size for Windows NT/2000/XP/2003

So if you set up the paper size in windows as the default for your printer, there is no need to add commands for paper size in the printer initialization of the windows devcie type.

Regards,

Aidan

former_member284451
Participant
0 Kudos

Aidan

thank you very much. my issue has been resolved.

regards,

Answers (0)