Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP User tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone!

Is there some sort of SAP table that retains a little bit of user info (i.e. full name) after it has been inactive from SAP system? Because reports appear with blank user field when the user has already left the company. It could be a problem with the auditors.

Thanks in advance!

/Olyn

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member

Sorry for not being clear, I meant deleted users. The ID is no longer in USR02. Also tried RSUSR100, it only displays the ID but no details attached to it. I have also tried ADR6 but to no success.

The ID is no longer available in any of the tables.

Thanks for your time!

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

If "inactive" just refers to the situation where the user master record still exists (USR02), then the full name should still be available in V_USERNAME.

If inactive actually means that the user-id already has been deleted (no entry in USR02), then it becomes much more tricky. User change records are still available of course (RSUSR100), but to my experience no user name shows up then.

We found ways to get to the names of "deleted" user-ids (and they work in at least some of our systems), but before I include the lengthy details on that, please let me know whether the "V_USERNAME" answer already solves your problem.

Regards,

Ralf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deleted users reappearing have 2 likely causes:

1) A phantom entry in UST04 / USR04 (orphaned authorization data). See the OSS's on the function module susr_sync_user_tables.

and / or

2) The address data is not deleted from the ADR* tables when SU01 etc deletes the data from USR* tables. This behaviour is correct and auditors should like it.

If I remember correctly, the mandatory full name (first / last name) of the user ID remains in ADR6. When you re-create the same ID in SU01, it will connect this data again.

Former Member

Sorry for not being clear, I meant deleted users. The ID is no longer in USR02. Also tried RSUSR100, it only displays the ID but no details attached to it. I have also tried ADR6 but to no success.

The ID is no longer available in any of the tables.

Thanks for your time!

0 Kudos

So, deleted User-IDs:

We were confronted with that problem in the past and found the following solution with kind of a try-and-error approach. I am not sure whether it works in all systems and all releases, but you can give it a try at least:

If you know the actual user-id (as reported by RSUSR100), you will find the persnumber in ADR7 (fields ADR7-UNAME and ADR7-PERSNUMBER): look it up via ADR7-UNAME.

With that persnumber you should be able to find the real name of that user-id in table ADRP (field ADRP-PERSNUMBER and e.g. ADRP-NAME_TEXT).

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a view that joins those two tables (in SAP R/3 4.6C at least).

Please let me know whether this works in your system ...

Regards,

Ralf

0 Kudos

If you select user name = *, then rsusr100 will deliver ALL entries from USH02 / USH04.

If you try to select a deleted user specifically, it will complain that the user does not exist.

If you must select specifically, then just recreate the user ID in SU01 and then run rsusr100 to get all the details.

If you still have no luck, try search the USH* tables client independently with client specified = * for other entries.

0 Kudos

Ralf, that was perfect! Ü

Thank you too ! Sure helped a lot with the tables and function modules.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.