cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Influencing Requested Delivery Date conditionally

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SD experts,

I could make out by browsing spro that I can maintain a lead time offset for RDD proposal at order type level. Is there a standard way to make RDD proposal more conditional. Did anyone do any development around getting a "feasible" RDD. The idea is not to arrive at RDD with scheduling but having an RDD that is "roughly" practical and then perform scheduling to get the final delivery date.

Regards,

Loknath

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Loknath,

"Feasible RDD"????

Requested delivery date is generally understood to come from the customer. e.g. he is saying 'This is when I want you to deliver the order'. It has nothing to do with your ability to meet the date, which is usually subsequently calculated during confirmation. It is not generally accepted business practice to alter Requested Delivery Date in any way. If a customer says that he wants the product next Tuesday, then that is what you enter into RDD. Period.

I believe the offset to which you refer has to do with the default requested delivery date. It is particularly useful in the case where a customer does not supply a RDD, or when your company has a policy that it will not accept any RDDs within a specified window. This default date can be configured to populate the RDD of each new SO item. It is mainly used to ease the effort of data entry people.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks DB49,

The context is a business where requested delivery dates are not explicity specified or usually they are specified by month. With normal logic system would schedule this by assuming 1st working day of month or I can also set it to certain day in a month. but I need to be able to establish a feasible delivery date first to be able to confirm the order to MY ADVANTAGE.. its like doing a sort of scheduling without having to confirm the order first but I being still capable to deliver the order as per initial expectation from the customer. Now the question is how conditional can I make this RDD to be rather than relying on flat offset provided at order type level. Subsequent scheduling of material availability date however is basis the scheduling schema I am calling.

+This default date can be configured to populate the RDD of each new SO item+

What is the other possible configuration available other than at the sales document type

Regards,

Loknath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Loknath,

its like doing a sort of scheduling without having to confirm the order first but I being still capable to deliver the order as per initial expectation from the customer.

Make up your mind. You just said that the customer either has no expectation, or his expectation is so vague as to allow you to enter any requested date within a month. I don't know what business advantage you expect to get from this, but I question whether your customer's increased satisfaction will be balanced by the initial cost, and continuing cost, you are going to put into this functionality. Actually, I question whether your customer's satisfaction will be increased at all. Customers are generally pleased by confirmations that meet their expectations, and confirmations that are accurate.

What is the other possible configuration available other than at the sales document type

I suggest you look for a userexit.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks DB49,

Thats right.. back to basics...

what would please the customer more...

I would say reliability of confirmation within certain limit of delivery date and qty confirmed at the first place and to be reliable, the delivery needs to be confirmed post a material av check and the resultant date based on some infeasible requested delivery date (or a delivery date in month format) might not be as per customer's "expectations". We are in a long lead time make to stock business (2 to 3months) and hence this temptattion needs to be managed well to first establish a feasible delivery date. This feasibility being a reflection of capability of supply chain and thats when I thought of tinkering with this.

I think I need to look into user exits. I was wondering if there are any standard condition techniques I could use to control the same.

Thanks for the prompt replies.

Regards,

Loknath

Answers (0)