cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking WBS with IOS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Need your expert suggestions for the below issue.

Currenlty we have statistical Internal orders (IOS) which is linked to Assets. These IOs have been budgeted and actuals have been booked against these.

Now our client wants to use Project/WBS elements instead of IOS for furture.

But for the existing IOS, we would want to link the WBS elements, so that the history is not lost.

Now issue here is , since the IOS are budgeted , the WBS element field in the IO master (KO02) becomes disabled.

Can you please suggest a way to link these WBS to the IOS. IS it possible ?

Thanks and regards

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Since all those IOs are already budgeted & execution is in process, you can use a user field to enter the WBSE. This is purely for reporting.

2. If you want a proper cost flow, then change the settlement parameters of the IO (enter new settlement profile which allows WBSE as receiver), settle the IO to the WBSE (WBSE should have the AUC) then settle the WBSE to AUC.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Krisap and Abdul,

Let me put my question in detail again.

The current set up is that , we use statistical IOs and assign them to the assets. Now when a Asset is purchased

with account assignment category 'A' and afterwards when it is invoiced, the ACTUALS appears in the IO report.

Now all these IOs are budget and "actuals against budget" is controlled by availabilty control.

Now currently we have thousands of such IOs which are open , some with some value of available budget.

My current requirement is to assign these IOS to newly created WBS elements and then IOS need to be closed so that

no postings are to be done on them. ( we would be using projects and IOs would be closed in future)

Now problem is since the IOS are budget , i am not able to assign IOS to WBSE , so how do i link my IOS to WBS?

If you have any other suggestions to look at this problem, kindly let me know.

Thanks and regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To have a look at the usage of projects instead of IOs in future,

- what is the proposed scenario? Is it same like assigning the WBSE to existing assets? (just like the current scenario of assigning the statistical IOs to assets) OR are you proposing to follow the investment WBSE - AUC - FXA route?

- If we delete the statistical IO from the asset master manually & immediately run the value statistics reports, will the actuals be seen on the statistical IO?

- Are the statistical IOs subjected to settlement process?

- Will the GRN value update the asset value directly?

The above points may give some light on how to proceed.

In contrast to your query (linking the IOs to WBSE), can we directly maintain the WBSE in the asset master just as like the IO?

As "Budget" is just a limit, it may be opted to test this point.

regards

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to share, what we did this in this scenario.

I could found one OSS note , which gives you the code for a program , which must be applied to

Z-t-code.

By this transcation, i could delete all my budgets agains those IOs. Now i then reset the BUDG status for the IOS.

Now the WBS element field in the IO master data is enabled.

Now i link my WBS to these IOs. and assign the previous budget of the IOS to these WBSE.

Now in any PS report , i can see my previous budget and also the actuals assigned to the IOS.

Problem solved.

Regards

Sandeep

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please use statistical Projects / WBSE for the running project those are in Internal Orders. New projects you can go with real projects. Please use same naming convention so that it will be easy to monitor / remember.

Tnx.

Abdul.