cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background job not automatically poopulating Dependant Demand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Users,

We've recently set up a POS & PA using the DP-BOM selection and characteristics, manually created PPM's and generated CVC's using the BOMS. All of this is set up fine in our SCM 7.0.

The background job has created the forecasts for the ouptput products but NOT the input product.

Now if I call up the parent material, and then choose to show the input products the dependant demand is generated. If I now return to the material with the dependant demand, it now shows the demand from the parent.

Or, if the forecast is genereated interactively, then the dependant demand is poopulated.

Is there an automated method to populate the dependant demand when using background jobs? I would like to think that we don't have to query every sales BOM parent in DP and drill into the input products to load the dependant demand?

Please let me know if there is an easier way to do this as part of the background processing.

Thanks

Edited by: Paul_111 on Mar 31, 2011 4:20 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

After contacting SAP and applying service packs we were able to solve this problem.

If you ever encounter this problem as well suggest that you apply the most up to date service packs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

I am not really sure what you trying to convey, can you please elaborate with an example ?

Let me know what i understood from your description is correct or not....

Suppose you have one PPM with Input Products and A and B, output as C. When you enter demand at C you can see dependent demands at A and B, but when you enter demands at A or B(which you can not do) you dont see independent demands at C? Or you want to further drill down the A and B PPMs, having Output as A and Input as D and E and you want to see the Dependent demand at D and E ??

Let me know if i understood your doubt or scenario....

Thanks,

Anand.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andand,

Thanks for your reply and sorry if my post is confusing.

As far as the PPM with imputs A & B, output C - I have this relationship working and calcuclating demand in DP no problems.

If I now add a new PPM combination inpput X, Y and output Z. Create the BOM CVC and TSO so its all set to go. Add to selection profiles and background jobs.

Now, if I run the background job to create the forecast and this runs successfully. Now I check my products.

Z has the forecast generated, X & Z have no dependant demand showing.

The only way I've found that pushes the demand to X & Z is:

- open product Z in demand planning and then choose the option to show input products from the header

OR - from demand planning, select the univariate forecast to run interactively.

My issue:

The background job (if run alone) does not push the forecast on Z to X & Y.

And if I show the input products or create forecast (as bove) the dependat demand is shown on X & Y.

This is going to be a slow process if we have to do this everytime we run the backgound job.

What am I missing when running the background job?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check if the demand entered interactively for product Z is showing the depending demand on X and Y? It looks to me that BOM might not be properly created or might be missing the Component X or maybe check the BOM what is the ration in which the Z is going to X. Also does the dependent demand showing correct on Y ?

Thanks and Regards,

Anand Sagar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) Can you confirm that you have setup the KF semantics appropriately for your parent forecast KF and the child Dependent Demand KF? That is very important to the functioning of DP BOMs.

2)From your example I am assuming you are only using single level BOMs and no multilevel BOMs, because Multilevel BOM Explosions are not supported in SAP APO automatically.

3) Finally, after the new BOMs are added and CVC created, check if the time series is generated properly and follow it up with a TS consistency check to ensure there are no "BOM relationship missing" errors.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Mani Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani & Anand,

1. Yes the KF semanticas are set up correctly. I have many BOM's set up that create the dependant demand on the child, but only using the interactive univariate forecast.

2. Yes these are only single level BOM's.

3. The TS consistency check is always run after BOM CVC is created.

In the above example, if I inteactively execute the univariate forecast then the dependant demand does show on the child.

But if I then create a background job (using a different FC profile to change the forecsat results) the job executes and changes the parent demand Z.

But X & Y have NOT been updated from the background job if I look at then using DP.

If I go back to the parent (Z) and show input in DP then the FC are updated.

I've tested this again and again and still the same thing happens.

It appears to me that the background job is missing a trigger to populate the dependant demand that is triggered interactively.

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Paul