Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I add a t-code to a role for which a Customizing proj. was assigned

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are running ECC 6 and I was asked to add a transaction to a role for which a Customizing project has been assigned.

Before removing the project assignment from the role

PFCG->edit->tab 'Menu' Menu->Utilities->Customizing auth. Press the trash button ('Delete')

I wanted to check that I can re-assign the project to the role, in order to get back all the transactions in the role menu, in addition to the new t-code.

But I couldn't find the project (SD_CONF) in SPRO_ADMIN. So I presume that the project SD_CONF has been deleted ?!

I also tried to download the role (in PFCG), edit it and upload it but this has changed the actual authorization profile, which is something I want to avoid.

The role and the project were created by a consultant who no longer works here and I haven't got any related documentation.

Can anyone help me by telling how I can add a new transaction to this role, in this situation?

If this has been answered before, I'd appreciate if you could redirect me to any relevant threads.

Many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Michel,

just add an authorization object S_TCODE with you new transaction as parameter (auth. tab).

Dirk

4 REPLIES 4

Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Michel,

just add an authorization object S_TCODE with you new transaction as parameter (auth. tab).

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

I was able to manually add the authorization object S_TCODE with the new transaction as parameter and regenerate the authorization profile. The Functional team are validating the access to the new t-code but I am pretty much sure it will work.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Michel

Former Member
0 Kudos

The 1 missing tcode (which could be added manually, but there is no option to add it via the menu anymore) is probably the smaller problem here.

More important is the stability of your role - incase someone does oneday hit the refresh button without checking like you did...

I would check in SE10 to track down the most recent transport of the project (also check in QAS and PROD) and then re-import or re-create it. Then add the tcode to the spro view and refresh.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

Thanks for your input and I totally agree with you. I will definitely have to work on this!

Cheers,

Michel