cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBS - File MT940 and BAI2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In our current design we receive the electronic bank file from various banks in MT940 and BAI2 format. The requirement is to upload these file formats into SAP. Is it possible to do so using standard SAP transaction like FF_5? If not then what is the process to get these file formats in SAP for electronic bank statement functionality to work.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member251898
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It would depend on how you receive those bank statements from Banks.

Provided that you are downloading the bankstatement, you can use FF.5/FF_5 to upload SAP accepted format of bankstatement such as MT940, Multicash, BAI.

You will need to configure GVO or BAI code with posting rules, account symbols and transaction types. IMG path can be found in Financial accounting > Bank accounting > Business transaction > Payment transactions

Hope that this helps

taro

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You will receive the formats from Bank & you have to make do the configuration steps for Uploading Electronic Bank statement with MT940 & BAI2 format to SAP through tcode FF_5/FF.5

SPRO-> Financial Accounting-> Bank Accounting -> Business Transactions -> Payment Transactions -> Electronic Bank Statement ->Make Global Settings for Electronic Bank Statement.

Regards,

Pramitha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the input. Can you clarify a little more in detail whether i need to change the file format or interface the file format with IDOC. Further, what is the kind of configuration that is required (if you can give me some idea) for EBS to work. Also, this is for incoming bank statment, what is the process to send out the file to bank. Do we need interface for sending out the file to bank or is there any standard SAP functionality that is available. It will be great if you can let me know how the file is sent to the bank.

Thanks,

Edited by: Sahaj on Mar 29, 2011 8:51 AM