cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DpJ2eeEmergencyShutdown: j2ee state = SHUTDOWN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I had stop sap Pi server and remove the old java version 1.4.2_13 form control panel,

and install a new version 1.4.2_17. I did change java home on config tool and restart server.

But Now in this server, process Dispatcher is always in yellow with status "Running, Message Server connection ok, Dialog Queue time: 0.00 sec, J2EE status info unavailable".

Any idea how can I fix this error to make J2EE started?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perform this:

Edit the instance profile in /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/profile/<SID>_JC<num>_<host> and add the following line

jstartup/vm/home = <location of the new jdk>

Notes:

Because this setting has precedence over individual JDK settings in the J2EE Engine configuration database and the sdm_jstartup.properties file, the new JVM will be picked up by all processes which are started through the startup framework - including the SDM. Manually changing the sdm_jstartup.properties file is not necessary.

The Visual Admin, ConfigTool, and SDM GUI have their JDK configured in the startup batch files. Please change these scripts for the new JDK.

Please delete the following files after changing these values (they will be recreated on the next restart of the engine): /usr/sap/<SID>/<INSTANCE>/j2ee/cluster/instance.properties.vmprop

/usr/sap/<SID>/<INSTANCE>/SDM/program/config/sdm_jstartup.properties.vmprop

Restart the system it should comeup else reply :

dev_bootstartp and dev_jcontrol log in reply.

Regards

SM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks sir,

Where can I find the Visual Admin, ConfigTool, and SDM startup batch files?

Regards

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check SAP Note 718901 - How to Change the JDK of the J2EE Engine.

Thanks

Sunny

Answers (0)