Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query on BPM & MDM scenarios

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My Requirement ,

The scenario is BPM-Portal(SOAP)- - - ECC(RFC)- - - MDM(7.1)

The webservice(Asyn) is being triggered from the BPM-Portal ,it has to send the values to both systems parallely ,

a)ECC system by using a RFC(syn)

b)MDM server

and the response(status) of the RFC message should be passed to the MDM server .

My queries are,

1)Could anyone suggest me on how to proceed the above stated scenario.

2)If I configure the MDM server using 7.1(PI-MDM Adapter), will my xml file would directly updates the MDM tables .

3)I hope MDM 7.1 works only for Asynchronous flow,is that correct?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Lavanya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

There is a change in my requirement ,

The scenario is BPM-Portal(SOAP)- - - ECC(RFC)- - - MDM(7.1)

The webservice(syn) is being triggered from the BPM-Portal ,it has to send the values to both systems parallely ,

b)MDM server

and the response(status) of the RFC message should be passed to the MDM server and to the BPM-Portal .

My Queries:

1.Is that I need to achieve this through BPM or without BPM.

2.I need to provide the wsdl to BPM-Portal team,should I need to generate as an Asyn or syn mode.

Could anyone suggest me on how to proceed the above stated scenario.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Lavanya

Edited by: Lavanya Balanandham on Apr 14, 2011 12:15 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to use BPM for that. I think you can do it in two ways.

1) if you make SOAP Aynch - use Asynch/Synch bridge and send the response of RFC back to SOAP and MDM asynchronoulsly.

2) SOAP as sysnch -- > Synch Soap to Synch RFC , send response back to SOAP sync and MDM asysnch. - never did that, but looks possible.

Just try them with very simple mapping and then make ur deicison.

Regards

Inder

Edited by: Kulwinder Grewal on Apr 13, 2011 3:08 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Inder,

Thanks for your reply.I need to provide the wsdl file to BPM-Portal team so i could generate a outbound/synchronous and provide to them ,correct?

Regards,

Lavanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can provide them outbound sync wsdl if you are going with second solution. I am not sure about this, create a test interface before doing that..

Regards

Inder

Edited by: Kulwinder Grewal on Apr 13, 2011 3:47 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Could anyone explain me what is the mode of WSDL that I need to provide to the Portal team for the above stated scenario?

Regards,

Lavanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just tried small BPM , you can give Synch BPM wsdl to them.

Design BPM like this.

1) receive Synch - Open S/A bridge

2) Send Synch to RFC

3) Send asynch to MDM.

4) Send close Synch/Asynch bridge for receive1

You will need to use transformation steps in between according to your requirement.

Regards

Inder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Inder

Thanks a lot....I have provide the BPM-Portal team a outbound-syn wsdl as you stated and now the response is sent only to BPM-Portal from RFC and not to MDM ie,

SOAP(SYN)--PI---RFC(SYN) / MDMl(ASYN)

Could you please explain me the step for the same.

Thanks in Advance

Regards,

Lavanya

Edited by: Lavanya Balanandham on Apr 22, 2011 10:56 PM

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
b)MDM server
and the response(status) of the RFC message should be passed to the MDM server and to the BPM-Portal .

now the response is sent only to BPM-Portal from RFC and not to MDM

Your requirement is to send the Portal data to RFC and also to MDM ..... part two...you want to send the RFC response to Portal and also to MDM?

If my understanding is correct then use the below BPM pattern:

Receive (Sync/Async bridge) --> Transformation --> Send_to_RFC(Sync) --> Send_to_MDM_Portal_Data(Async) --> Send_to_MDM_RFC_Resp(Async) --> Send_to_Portal_RFC_Resp (Close S/A bridge)

Do check what is the timeout parameter of the SOAP sender channel that you would use in the above process....if it is less then it will timeout till the time response is sent back to the Portal system....you also need to ensure that the Portal system is able to keep the connection open for that duration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi abhishek salvi

I have provided the WSDL as synchronous to the BPM-Portal team,is that correct?

Lavanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Inder,

Could you please explain me in detail about the BPM steps and as you have stated ,I have provided the sync WSDL to the BPM-Portal team.

Regards,

Lavanya

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I suggest you to go with BPM.

Receive step(PortalRequest)--->Transformation(PoratlReq to RFC Req)>SyncSend Step(outcome Rfc Response)->Transformation(RFCResponse to MDM)-->Send step(to delever message to MDM).

MDM PI adapter directlt place data in to MDM Server.

Regards,

Raj