SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting a Credit Card Processing fee

Former Member
0 Kudos

We currently have a credit Card Processing fee that is computed between Biller Direct and our TouchNet Gateway. The fee does not show on the student's bill. The charge is added to the payment when it is processed through our Gateway.

I have looked at the Biller Direct configuration and Payment Card configuration, and I cannot located confiquration for Credit Card processing fee. This could be a web service that adds the fee to the student's payment. Does anyone have a suggestion of where to look for the code? I need to change it from a flat rate to a percentage.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bev,

I'm not sure how you all set this up initially, but you can check FI-CA event 1236 to see if that is where you are handling the fee. That is the event where Biller Direct interfaces with an external payment gateway for real-time authorization.

The fee might also be something set up on the TouchNet side completely.

-Michael

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bev,

I'm not sure how you all set this up initially, but you can check FI-CA event 1236 to see if that is where you are handling the fee. That is the event where Biller Direct interfaces with an external payment gateway for real-time authorization.

The fee might also be something set up on the TouchNet side completely.

-Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michael, I had found the event of which you spoke and a web service. That seems to be all that is needed

Thanks again.