cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help in File-To_IDOC scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi.. all!

iam trying to do the file to IDOC scenario with an integration with R/3 system.. i tried all the possible parameter settings but i cldnt connect with r/3 system.. can any one help me in this.

tnx in advance

vijaylaxmi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For configuring/Receiving IDoc to target system, U must have the following Authorizations in receiving system.

<b>S_IDOCCTRL</b> - General Access to IDoc Functions

<b>S_IDOCDEFT</b> - Access to IDoc Development

<b>S_IDOCMETA</b> - IDoc Metadata: Load and Display IDoc Metadata in XI

<b>S_IDOCMONI</b> - Access to IDoc Monitoring

<b>S_IDOCPART</b> - Access to partner profile

<b>S_IDOCPORT</b> - Access to port descriptionS_IDOCREPA - Access to Repair Programs

<i>RFC, Port creation, Partner Profile generation, Logical system creation</i>... etc are single time configuration steps. ensure that the sender/receiver steps are defined properly in Ur source/target systems.

Contact Ur Basis consultant for more configuration inputs.

From...

Yallabandi.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay Lakshmi,

These are the config steps u need to do..

SLD-

1) Create a Product/Software Component

2) Technical System pointing to R/3 system

3) Business System for the above technical system

In the Repository

1) Import the Software component created in the sld

2) Create a namespace,

3) import the idoc and then create sender data type/message type etc and mapping

4) Mapping Rules depends on the requirement

In the Directory

1) Create a Scenario /import the business system

2) Create Receiver/Interface determination

3) Create communication channels for sender and receiver

4) Sender Agreeement and Receiver Agreement.

Then the file adapter configuration is depend on the input file format.

Also you need to have Logical destionation created in the XI , and the IDX1 entry

In R/3 Port, Partner profiles etc should be created

Have a look into this document~

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/877c0d53-0801-0010-3bb0-e38...

While doing an File -> XI -> IDoc scenario, The Points to noted are:

1. You don’t need a DT, MT or a message interface for the IDOC as it itself acts as the Message Interface.

2. You import the IDOC and use the same in your mapping.

3. In this configuration note that you will need a sender agreement for the file.

4. In this configuration note that you will also need a receiver agreement for the IDOC.

For any File -> XI -> IDoc scenario ref:

/people/anish.abraham2/blog/2005/12/22/file-to-multiple-idocs-xslt-mapping

Also check these...

Configuring the sender File adapter --

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/0d/5ab43b274a960de10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Configuring the reciever IDOC adapter --

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/96/791c42375d5033e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

cheers,

Prashanth

P.S Please mark helpful answers

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>i tried all the possible parameter settings but i cldnt connect with r/3 system</i>

Can you please explain further what the problem is?

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi bhavesh,

i hve two different systems, in one system i hve r/3 software and in the other one xi. I have used a cross cable to connect these two systems. When i tried to connect r/3 (client 800) system from xi system.. it is showing client 800 doesnt exist. can u plz help me how do i do the settings.

tnx in advance

vijaylaxmi

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the following,

1. In XI SM59 --> did you create an RFC destination for the R3 system . Try a connectivity and remote log on to the system.

2. Check if you have created a Port in IDX1 and try to manualy import he IDOC metadata from IDX2.

Regards,

Bhavesh

sridharreddy_kondam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay Lakshmi,

First check in the R/3 system which client exists...

goto --> SE11 --> T000 table --> and see which clients exists...

and in both XISERVER and R/3 sytems Goto --> tcode --> SALE --> and check in the Assign systems which Logical system u have assigned to which existing client in R/3...

And follow the steps described previous replies...

It should surely help u...

Regards,

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi.. bhavesh,

im not clear with ur second point (Check if you have created a Port in IDX1 and try to manualy import he IDOC metadata from IDX2). can u plz explain me in detail...

regards

vijaylaxmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

IDX1 and IDX2 are transaction codes in XI used for IDoc Configuration. Just go to these transaction and create the port(IDX1) / import IDoc metadata(IDX2).

John

sridharreddy_kondam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

U create a port in Tcode IDX1...in XISERVER

This is used to establish RFC connection...

IDX1> create>enter Port no > client of receiver>

Then RFC destination which u created to log on to R/3 system(sm59)--> save it.

This port u can assign in the recevier communication channel for idoc...

After this just check in IDX2 whether the idoc metadata is available for the port u have created else import the idoc metadat for the idoc...

Better check this link which can be useful to u

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/ab/bdb13b00ae793be10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Thanks and Regards,

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijaya Lakshmi,

For your communication between XI and R/3 you will have to configure a port in IDX1. In this port configuration, specify the RFC destination which points to R3 system.

In IDX2 try to mannually reimport the idoc metadata. Go to IDX2, click on metadata->create. Specify the Idoc type and extension. Also give the source port ie the port which was created in the above step in IDX1.

Regards,

Divija.