cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Word 2000 with SolMan and EWA issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Having a number of issues. It seems since updating SolMan to SP24 EHP1 i cannot open EWA reports in Word 2000 (updating to latest version is out of the question due to business politics). I have tried a number recomendations from OSS notes but none work. I get this error message when i select standard or short version

Required file not found -> see long text

Message no. DSVAS813

No usable file was found for the active Office version in the report defintion.

Procedure

Processing cannot continue.

Please notify the person responsible for this session type or for the SAP Solution Manager, specifying the session number, session group, session type, version number and the number of the message short text.

To find session information, in the Service Session Workbench, choose Goto -> Technical Information. Specify the Office application and version (which you can find by choosing ? -> Help -> About... ) and the number of the message short text.

To create a message to SAP, choose Help -> Create Support Message.

The issue can be resolved by changing the report definition in the Service Session Workbench or importing a newer version of the session definition.

I am not sure how to change the Word version in technical Information, it seems not so "helpful" help page and how to change the report definition. Any help on this would be appreciated

I also needed to know how to send previous SAP EWA reports. The landscape is setup to send the EWA reports to SAP on a monthly basis and i need to change this to weekly. i have had a look at the EWA setup operations and it is active and all boxes are ticked.

thanks,

Mani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would refere you to SAP Note 199123 - Word Settings

You must ensure you have set up the Trust Center settings correctly.

There is a bit of a concern that you are using MS Word 2000, as this product is no longer supported by Microsoft and hence cannot be supported by SAP. The problem may be a result of your upgrading to a version of ST-SER that no longer

supports Word 2000. While you may have a bit of a challenge upgrading your Office, you may need to install a supported version of Word to generate the EWA reports as a work around.

Regardsing the Emailing of EWA reports, this is done weekly, when SM:EXEC SERVICES runs, are you sure it is not the SLRs that are being generated (emailed) monthly?

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your quick response,

The EWA are generated weekly but not only i cannot open them due to word version the reports are only sent monthly to SAP but i need them to be sent weekly and also be able to send the previous EWA reports. Google has not returned much useful info

Mani

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Mani,

You can send the data for ABAP system to SAP and process the EWA reports and they can be accessed via your

Service Market Place inbox, if that was an option you were seeking. How to do so, you need to follow SAP Note 207223.

The periodic SDCCN EWA task can be scheduled to recurr weekly.

EWA data on Satellite ssytems is usually only available for the past 3 weeks, as there is no intent to store the data.

Of course any EWA report can also be opened (click the link on the left side in DSWP) in HTML, so this could be a work around to get any existing or furture EWA reports generated on your Solution Manager system.

Unfortunately, because Word 2000 is no longer supported by Microsoft, there is little that can be done now, that you are on Word 2000, and have upgraded to an SP level that no longer supports Word 2000. This is your issue.

However I think I have provided some alternatives to get the reports.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

The early watch alerts are being generated for the remote system in solMan. The word issue we will have to live with. The issue is that the production EWA is sent to SAP on a monthly basis but we would like to send it weekly to SAP. I have checked the EWA administration within solman and its all ticked for 7 days but not sure where to look at to get the ewa report sent to SAP weekly.

Any ideas?

Mani

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Mani,

The EWA that is sent to SAP is not the setting you see in solman_ewa_admin.

What you want is to send the SDCCN EWA data to SAP directly from the Satellite system to SAP where it will be processed into an EWA report and sent to your inbox on Service Marketplace. This is described via SAP Note 207223. Here you would setup up a periodic EWA task on the satellite system to run every week. The note has all the details.

Regards,

Paul

Answers (0)