cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup of Standby on Maxdb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have to setup DR site using maxdb on Redhat Linux 5.4.

On Primary Server and and Standby Server

Please advice Hostname Should be same.

Steps i will follow to setup DR site.

1.Backup copy from Production server will be restore on Target Server using Homogeneous System using Recovery with initialization.

2.Once my system will be up and running i will start put my standby Server DB in admin mode.And will apply logs using log shipping from the primary server.

Please advice me for the hostname as to start SAP in standby hostname should be same as Primary.

Regards,

Sahil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> 2.Once my system will be up and running i will start put my standby Server DB in admin mode.And will apply logs using log shipping from the primary server.

Once you brought the database online you can't apply logs any more.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Means once we are putting our standby online system and after that again i am putting my db in admin mode.Than log shipping will not work.?

Please advice for the hostname also .Is it mandatory to have hostname to be same on primary and standby server.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Means once we are putting our standby online system and after that again i am putting my db in admin mode.Than log shipping will not work.?

correct, it won't. Once the database is online it produces its own logs and you can't apply any other ones.

> Please advice for the hostname also .Is it mandatory to have hostname to be same on primary and standby server.

For log shippings sake you don't need the same hostname. It depends how you plan to get it into production.

Markus