cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access restriction help?

Former Member
0 Kudos

XI 31 SP3

I have 6 alias tables for and we need to apply security on these objects. Each table (folder) contains 27 objects. of these 27 objects, we want the security on all but 4.

Is it possible (?) to apply security on the original table once (all objects except 4), rather than on each of the 6 alias tables and the associated 162 objects, and if so, how would I do that?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The traditional security concept is at table OR object level.

Now you're on XI3, one option is to create the four objects outside of the class and create a class-level mandatory filter in the universe.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hummm..

Can you expand a little on the filtering aspect as that sounds plausible - or if its in the documentation, please state and I'll check into it.

I have also read where corporate reporting can get tricky with results reflecting as "syntax" for the users without access to certain objects, guess there are issues on both corporate and ad hoc reporting?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

You will have to do it manually unfortunately I donu2019t think that there is an automated feature to apply the restriction for number of objects from different tables or aliases at once.

Regards

Kultar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

Apply the object level security, what ever Object used for end user in the Universe pane.

All the best,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yea, I see where that would work, however, I'm thinking there should/could be a better way to do this other than manually adding 100+ objects to the object restrictions tab.