Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Components Management

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using procurement type "PReq + Reservation for WBS Element" and item category "L" for materials components.

Which should be the process to follow if once I've assigned a component to an activity I realize I've got stock in a storage location and I don't need to purchase it? How we are suppose to assign the components to the activity?

Thanks a lot

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can keep the option of selecting either " Res+ PR for WBS" or "Reservation for WBS" while assigning the component instead of making Res + PR for WBS as default procurement type.In your thread you have mentioned that there are some materials whose stock exists in storage location, it means you are maintaining such materials in your inventory(plant stock) apart from your project specific procurement(project stock).

So once you find the material in stock do a stock transfer from the plant stock to the specific WBS element to issue ut against your reservation.

Regards

Ravi

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ravi kumhar,

Which movement type we should do to transfer from the plant stock to the specific WBS element to issue it against the reservation??

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use 415 movement type to transfer from unrestricted stock to project stock(ie; WBS Element).

To issue against the Reservation of WBS--> 281Q

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You will have to MRP in order to check availability & raise PR for required quentity only.

we are using project specific MRP where create reservations for the requirement then all available materials are moved to project stioks & run MRP.

Regards,

SL

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

1. You can make use of the Res/PR indicator. Set it to "From Release" for example. So when your activity is in CRTD stage, you can assign all your mat components as desired with the procurement indicator as "Reservation + PR" (supposing that you dont know the stock situation by now).

2. Get the stock details, cross check with your requirement manually & decide which are the mat components for which PR is required / not required.

3. Delete all the mat comp with the procurement indicator "Reservation +PR", for which actually PR is not required. Add them again with a procurement indicator "Only Reservation".

-- We may make use of the funtion "Material Availability Check" in this, but not sure of the total funtionality.

regards

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The solution krisap gave us seems to be a good one for us. But I have some doubts:

Is there any standard Procurement Indicator to add a the components as "only reservation"?

And which movement type we should do in order to transfer the component from the plant stock to Project Stock?

Thanks

pradeep_mahamuni
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

Try 412 Q movement type to transfer material from plant to project.

Create PR indicator for reservation and assign it in network profile if you want it as default reservation is to be selected or keep it blank in network profile then system will prompt pop up asking to select the required indicator.

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

"WE" -- Reservation for Plant Stock is standard, I suppose. Just cross check in your IDES. I dont have the access.

regards

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Procurement Indicator "WE" is perfect

We tried movement type 412Q but it doesn't work.

We also tried using MB23 tcode to make the picking (movement type 281), it assigns the actual cost it doesn't appears as project stock as we want.

Edited by: mforman on Apr 6, 2011 2:54 PM

Edited by: mforman on Apr 6, 2011 3:00 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moving plant stock to project stock, use MB1B, mvt - 415.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Procurement Indicator "WE" is for Plant stock. Copy the indicator to a zee one, set the Priority for Project stock as "01".

this generates a reservation for Project stock.

regards

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

generates a reservation for Project stock.

>

Krisap, can you explain the concept of reserving project stock..?

Since project stock is a special stock you can not reserve it for another project that is my understanding..!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> We are using procurement type "PReq + Reservation for WBS Element" and item category "L" for materials components.

Hi,

Are you using the same material for project stock and common stock..?

then I think it is better to go for MRP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos