cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM Workcenter links try to open in SAPGUI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Experts,

I can start my ChaRM Workcenter, but when clicking on individual Change Requests in a list to open them in a processing window, I get to download a small file with a .sap extension, instead of a new browser window to process the Change Request Message. The same happens when I click the "New Change Request" link in the menu on the left

Apparently, this .sap extension tries to open the SAP GUI, but then nothing happens.

In the Incident Management Workcenter, I don't have this problem and everything works fine.

I have about every SMWORK role that is available, so I don't think this is the problem

Your suggestions to resolve this issue are appreciated.

Regards,

karl Jamaels

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DoloresCorrea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Karl,

Because of technical limitation of SAP WEBGUI(SAP GUI for HTML), it is not used anymore from Solution Manager EhP1(SP18) when creating new Change Request from the work center. Intead, the work center will always use SAP GUI; this is why the system is trying to open a SAPGUI shortcut.

You can still create new Change Request from the work center, current limitation is that new CR need to be created in SAP GUI by opening a new SAP GUI window.

Hope this helps,

Dolores

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dolores,

This did indeed answer my question, though I do not understand SAP's strategy in this.

It certainly looks like a step back.

Thanks for solving this issue for me,

Karl