cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packing Instructions - Scales

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a question concerning packing instructions for outbound deliveries.

I have a material that is to be packed in an envelope if one piece is shipped.

If however 10 pieces are to be shipped, the material should be packed directly into a carton (without passing by the envelope).

How can I implement this kind of scales using automatic packaging with packing instructions? I only see the possibility of creating packing hierarchies but no scaling.

Thanks a lot for your answer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kaushik_choudhury2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Robert,

Please try to maintain two packing instructions with different packing material (envelope and carton) and minimum qty . In one packing instruction maintain the packing material as Envelop with the minimum qty for the packed material as 1. In the other packing instruction maintain the minimum qty as 10 and the packing material as Carton. I expect that based on the qty of the material to be packed and minimum qty in instruction SAP will use the right instruction during automatic packing .

Please let me know whether it works . I am very interested to know the result .

Cheers

Kaushik

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kaushik,

I did put an alternative packing instruction in the determination but the system does not take it into account.

The first instruction is to put 1 piece into 1 envelope (min. quantity 1)

The alternative instruction is to put 10 pieces into 1 carton (min. quantity 10)

When I try to execute automatic packaging in the outbound delivery with 10 pieces, the system only takes into account the first instruction and packs the 10 pieces in 10 separate envelopes.

Regards

Robert

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please have a look at field "Automatic Expansion with Alternative Packing Instructions" (V_CHUPDPARA1-RESPECT_ALT_PI; data table: CHUPDPARA). Is there a flag in it for your packing transaction profile?

Please also read F1 help for that field.

Remarks:

- If you use alternative packing you should define them in the sequence in which you want to use them as per F1 help. In your case

- You should take care how your packing instructions are defined - minimum quantity, rounding quantity

- Please also read the help for field "Respect rounding/minimum quantity" (V_CHUPDPARA1-RESPECT_QTY)

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Mar 29, 2011 3:32 PM

kaushik_choudhury2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Csaba,

Could you please suggest where we can make the sequence to determine appropriate instruction based on the qty ? Is it in OFP2 or OFP4 !!

Regards

Kaushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kaushik,

Thanks a lot for your answer. I created two packaging instructions with minimum quantities and the minimum quantity check works fine.

However - the problem is the packing instruction determination (POF1). If I put the two instructions in the determination record, the system only ever takes into account the first one - even when the minimum quantity for the first entry is not met, it won't check the second entry.

It does not seem possible to create two determination records. As soon as I create a second one for the material, the fist one is overwritten by the system and I cannot use it anymore.

Robert

kaushik_choudhury2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Robert,

Did you tried maintaining Alternative packing instruction along with the main instruction in the packing instruction determination (POF1). Don't create two separate determination rule .

Cheers

Kaushik