cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Theoretical Question: Difference between BPM in PI and BPM in CE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i have a theoretical question for a Master's thesis. I'm lacking in information about the correlation between Netweaver BPM inside the Composition Environment (CE) and the Business Process Management in the Process Integration (PI) which is named the same. In CE i can develop my own processes in the Netweaver Developer Studio and apply them. The CE has it's own Service Repository for this - the PI has an own Service Repository too. I'm familiar with CE an NWDS but not with PI.

When do i use CE when PI? Could someone explain the difference or the correlation between this two BPM parts of the Netweaver Stack?

This would be very helpful...

Thanks,

Oliver

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

BPM in PI is known as ccBPM (cross-component BPM) which is not same as NetWeaver BPM (part of CE).

ccBPM is used for system-centric business process, i.e. where systems are communication with each other without human intervention.

On other hand NW BPM is for human centric business process where human interaction required.

From Technical perspective:

- ccBPM execute on Business Process Engine (ABAP)

- NW BPM execute on Business Process Engine (Java)

- ccBPM is nased on BPEL (Business Process Execution Language)

- NW BPM is based on BPMN (Business Process Modeling Notation)

You can refer to this [link|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/index?rid=/webcontent/uuid/80e79a2f-ac33-2a10-f087-f3fd19e25a98] [original link is broken]; for further information.

Regards,

Gourav

Answers (0)