cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to change the Vendor while creating new DC in an existing track

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to create a new DC under one of the existing track which are in (abc.com) namespace.

I tried the below steps:

Development Configuration>Inactive DC> Track->Software Component--> Create new DC.

But in the New Development Component Project Pop up, Vendor option is selected as sap.com and the field is in disable mode.

I want to change the vendor to (abc.com) from (sap.com), as all other DC's present in that track are also under (abc.com).

Can anyone please tell me how I can change the vendor name sap.com to abc.com (Vendor field is not in enable mode).

Please help!!..

Regards,

Sambaran Chakraborty

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

shreyas_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sambaran,

When you are working in NWDI empowered landscape, you have a very nice options in SLD that allows you to control the Development Component (DC) names that you will be creating in your Developer studio.

This concept is called as Name Reservations.

So, if you have defined a Name Prefix in the SLD, then in your Track inside developer studio you can only create DCs that start with the Name Prefix that you have defined in Name Reservations.

To Create the Name Reservations, pelase go through the bellow mentioned procedure...

Please open the below mentioned URL.

http://<host>:<port>/sld

Goto,

1) Name Reservations >> Name Prefixes >> Development Component Name

2) Here, you will be able to see all the allowed names for DC creation.

3) You can also create a new name prefix that you desire (e.g. abc.com/test)

4) Once, you have added the desired Prefix in the Name reservations.

5) Open the CMS Web UI from following URL...

http://<host>:<port>/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/tcSLCMS~WebUI/Cms

6) Goto,

Landscape Configurator >> Select Any Track inside "Tracks" Table >> Domain Data >> Click "Change" Button >> Click "Update CMS button"

7) In NWDS remove your previously loaded development configurations >> Import the same development Configurations once again and now try creating a new DC. It will reflect the same vendor name that you have defined in the SLD Name Reservations.

This should resolve your issue.

Let me know about the results.

Regards,

Shreyas Pandya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all..

Creating a new nameprefix does not allow us to get the previous vendor name, as it was already defined and i doesn't want to change it.

But creating a new nameprefix enable vendor field in NWDS, it am able to get a new vendor name 'custom\previous vendor name' and it worked for me.

Closing this thread.

Regards,

Sambaran Chakraborty

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

go to sld to check if naming service enabled.

if not enabled, just try with re-import the development configuration in your ndws

Edited by: John Wu on Mar 28, 2011 2:56 PM