Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of session contents in another view

viralkumar_patel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am developing a webdynpro application where I have created several views and with inbound/outbound plugs I am getting navigation. My question here is, how can I get to contents used in previous view to another view?

ie. in the first view I am selecting user, in second view I want to add some info to that user. So how can I implement this? (Need session variable functionality and wants to store selected user info in second view)

Any valuable ideas?

Thanks & Regards,

Viral

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member389677
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Viral,

One more method is also there. Using Assistance method can pass data between views. The variables inside this assistance class will act as Global variable to the application component.

Regards

Shaira.

Edited by: Shaira Madhu on Apr 11, 2011 2:20 PM

Edited by: Shaira Madhu on Apr 11, 2011 2:20 PM

Madhu2004
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

If it is from one view to another view CONTEXT NODES act as data carriers. Create global NODE in component controller and bind the data in first view. You can read this data in the second view. If you want to use the same across components ,Make the node as Interface node.

or.

Create a singleton class with private attributes to store the user details. Create SET and GET method to set the data to global private attribute of the class and get the values when required.

Regards,

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Viral,

One of the way is you can have your context in the Component Controller, which is context mapped in different views,

You update the values of attributes in different views which can be used all across. This way context in component controller will help you.

Other way will be when you fire the plug pass the different values as parameters and use it.

Please see which way is better for you based on your design.

Best regards,

Rohit