Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Routing workitem to WF Administrator

former_member183917
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working in Application controlled workflow (n step BAdI). My requirement is, if there is no approver identified at any step, i need to route the workitem to workflow admin.

Currently i am populating the table- APPROVAL_TABLE with approevrs inside BAdI- BBP_WFL_APPROV_BADI. I saw one more parameter-APPROVAL_ADMINISTRATORS (which has same structure as of APPROVAL_TABLE). If no agent identified then i am populating this table- APPROVAL_ADMINISTRATORS with suitable index, approver id (WF Admin)

For Ex: If i have 3approvers to approve the SC, then 2nd level approver is not present, then i am passing the WF Admin to APPROVAL_ADMINISTRATORS (with approval_index as 2) and APPROVAL_TABLE with approval_index 1&3

Problem is, i am not able to see this WF Admin as an approver in SRM portal (only 1st and 3rd level are visible). If 1st level approves, then WI is going to 3rd level approver and if he approves, again a new WI is getting created for 3rd level approver. Again 3rd level approver approves and completes the SC.

Please correct me, am i following a correct approach and let me know your inputs.

Vinoth

Edited by: S Vinoth on Mar 28, 2011 1:54 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here is how SRM Standard works.. If you don't have any approvers assign ( Append ) into approval_table then when you add srm workflow admin into APPROVAL_ADMINISTRATORS with suitable index, approver id (WF Admin), then you can see only WF admin as approver , but if you have some approvers assigned to approval_table and also APPROVAL_ADMINISTRATORS then you won't see wf-batch in the approval perview. if your requirement to add wf-batch as approver when system is not determine approver ( Level 2) then add him directly into approval_Table..

Saravanan

former_member183917
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Saravanan. Really useful

One more thing, when do we need to set the value as 'X' to parameter-NO_FURTHER_APPROVAL_NEEDED. In my case every time i will be determining the approvers based on item and header data and the index will vary based on these data. So i cant hard code if ACTUAL_APPROVAL_INDEX = '5', then NO_FURTHER_APPROVAL_NEEDED = 'X'.

Can you please tell me, is it mandatory to use NO_FURTHER_APPROVAL_NEEDED = 'X' and how to use it. Thanks again.

Vinoth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Basically , the flag needs to be updated when the last level approver ad-hoc as adhoc approver.. just try to add ad-hoc approver at the bottom of the approver list..once the ad-hoc approver approved then the Graphic view will not displayed the correct approver list. what you have to do is, at bottom of your badi implementation.. after you append to the last approver to approval_table..

describe the approval_table and get the number of index ( Lines )..

if ACTUAL_APPROVAL_INDEX gt lv_lines.

then NO_FURTHER_APPROVAL_NEEDED = 'X'.

endif.

So, Assume that system propose 5 levels approver, when you add ad-hoc approver after 5th level, the index will ibe increased to 6.. then when the ad-hoc approver approve the SC, then the ACTUAL_APPROVAL_INDEX is 6, system is now confuse, to avoid this issue.. you have to implement the above logic at bottom of your implementation..

saravanan

former_member183917
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Saravanan

Answers (0)