cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP to RFC using fault message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I get a request from Web-service by using the SOAP adapter and pass the same to the SAP ECC for geting the response. I do not need a message mapping as i am passing the same data to SAP ECC. I need to track the errors in fault messages.

Q1. Can i use the fault message handling without using the message mapping.

Q2. If web-service is down and i can't send the response back then do i need to using the fault messageing concept or is there any other way i can get the details back in XI.

If we can use the fault message without using message mapping concept, can someone help me out.

Thanks,

JGD

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are using SOAP sender and Proxy receiver synchronous

>>Q1. Can i use the fault message handling without using the message mapping.

Request mapping, Response mapping and fault message mapping - all these three constitutes message mapping.

>>Q2. If web-service is down and i can't send the response back then do i need to using the fault messageing concept or is there any other way i can get the details back in XI.

If the webservice is down , you dont get message, then you dont need fault message. Fault message is used only for business exceptions and more. If your ECC is down due to some exceptions or errors, you can trace those messages in proxy coding and pass it up to soap as fault message as response.

In this case, you dont need at all.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Q2. If web-service is down and i can't send the response back then do i need to using the fault messageing concept or is there any other way i can get the details back in XI.

>

What do you mean Web service down?? Sender System down if yes then why you need fault message here??

Yur equired fault message when SAP ECC not giving proper response or hanbdling errors in ECC side,if you are using ABAP Proxy.

Regards,

Raj