cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

loading historical data from excel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi GURU..In the best practice i have read it's written that a sample excel file.csv exists. Where can i find it? i dont have a cd with the best practices but i've seen them in a file.doc..thx

Edited by: Andreolli2 on Mar 28, 2011 3:42 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me rephrase your question - you mean you wanted to load your historical data into Planning Book via excel?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello..thats the point but let me show what i can read in the best practices..

The file that contains the sample historical data is called DP_Upload_HIST_DATA_<IndustryName>.csv.. The sample file is located on the Best Practices Documentation CD.

If you want to run Demand Planning with your own data, open the sample file and replace the sample data with your data.

So, i dont have this cd..thats the problem..so i cant buld this file..can u help me?thx

Edited by: Andreolli2 on Mar 30, 2011 11:38 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will assume you are talking about SCM Best Practices for SCM, version 5.0. The contents of this CD are all copywrited material. Forum members are not permitted to publish this data.

Unfortunately, the Best Practices CD is now very difficult to locate. I cannot find it for sale or download by SAP any more. I have not seen later versions of BP for SCM either, (although I have not looked very hard).

Comma delimited (CSV) files fortunately are very easy to create and use. You can create one using any text editor. The structure is determined by the definitions you create for your infopackage in SCM. The BP instructions clearly describe the structure of their files, so you should have no problem duplicating this file manually. My copies of these files are exactly as described by the BP doc: no header, each row contains the specified fields, in the specified order, separated by semicolons. No rocket science here.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry im new..im talking about the demand planning best practices..when i try to start the job to load the data a read the message Error in conversion exit CONVERSION_EXIT_CUNIT_INPUT. If i go to the monitor the status i red and i read:

Error message from the source system

Diagnosis

An error occurred in the source system.

System Response

An error occurred in Extractor .

Check the error message.

Procedure

The procedure for removing errors takes place depending on

the error message:

Note

If the source system is a Client Workstation, then it is possible that the file that was to be loaded was being edited at the time of the data request. Make sure that the file is in the specified directory and is not being edited, and restart the request.

In the details i read:

-error in data request

-error occurred in the data selection

-processing (data packet): No data

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are still editing the file, you will get this error.

If you are using excel, save, then close the file in excel (blank excel screen). If you are using notepad or similar, same advice.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello..no its closed..i ve seen in the communication structure the type of 0UNIT is UNIT. I think i have to change with CHAR but its blank.

Best regards.

Edited by: Andreolli2 on Mar 31, 2011 11:56 AM

Answers (0)