cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field "Company Code"(BUKRS) to be kept mandatory in customer creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want field "BUKRS" ( Company Code ) to be kept "MANDATORY" while creating customer master thru' tcode XD01.

How to do it?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is not feasible to make this field mandatory, unless you want to do a modification of the standard screen (which I would not encourage, unless it's a legal or "mission critical" requirement).

Instead you can implement a BADI CUSTOMER_ADD_DATA and check the field there. It may not be as "neat" (the check will have to occur later, after the user navigates from the first screen), but you won't be breaking SAP standard.

Also, essentialy, what you're doing by this is forcing the users to extend the customer to a Company at the time of creation. Perhaps this could be handled differently, e.g. by a business process, workflow, etc. Most frequently such requirements can be handled simply by better user training, from my experience.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For Company code the parameter ID is BUK

For this Paramter ID with the help of Basis default the company code for that particular user.

The Parameter ID and value is given in SU01 - User maintenance tcode.

Explanation for parameter ID:

Set/Get parameter ID

A field can be filled with proposed values from SAP memory using a parameter ID.

Example

A user only has authorization for company code 0001. This company code is stored in memory at the beginning of a transaction under the corresponding parameter ID. Fields that refer to the data element are automatically filled with the value 001 in all subsequent screen templates.

Dependencies

A field in the screen template is only filled automatically with the value stored under the parameter ID of the data element if this was explicitly permitted in the Screen Painter.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just i want to keep that field mandatory only for all users whoever is creating customer masters.

PhaniKalvagunta
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can control that with authorizations.You create a new Tcode and assign it to the users concerned and remove the authorization of XD01 for the same.

Regards,

Phani Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto the T.Code "SE51".

Enter:

Program Name:SAPMF02D

Screen Number:7100

Select Layout editor.

Click on change.

Double click on "Company Code".

Attributes screen will be opened.Click on "Program" tab.

Select the input field as "Required" from drop down.

Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

pl go through my requirements & once again i am explaining here.

I want to keep "company code"(BUKRS) field to be kept mandatory while creating customer.

PhaniKalvagunta
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please use T code SHD0 and create a Transaction variant with T code ZXD01.Please keep the company code field as mandatory while creating the same.

Assign this T code ZXD01 to all the users concerned with the help of your Basis Consultant.

Remove the authorization of XD01 for the same users.

Now for all the users concerned the field company code will be mandatory whie creating the customer using T Code ZXD01.

Regards,

Phani Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arul, Check krishna solution, hopefully it will work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unable to do it as it is not allowing me to do the same as we are going to change in the std program/screen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check with your Basis team/ABAP team to get the access key for this.

Regards,

Krishna.

PhaniKalvagunta
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked this with SHD0 and it works.Can you please clarify whether it ii working or not?Please check tis link.

[http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Snippets/TransactionVariant-AStepbyStepGuidefor+Creation]

Phani Prasad

PhaniKalvagunta
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use Transaction variant to achieve this functionality.Please go through the link given below for further information.

[Link|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ABAP/TransactionandScreen+variants]

Regards,

Phani Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just i want to keep that field mandatory only for all users whoever is creating customer masters.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please specify the scenario why you need this? because by setting the field mandatory do you want the Same user to maintain both Company code data (accounting data) & sales area data which doesnt sound logical . . ?

Thanks

Mohamed Imran R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Scenario:

Sometimes, user is not entering company code while creating customer master as this field is kept "OPTIONAL".

For the same customer, while creating sale order, system is throwing error message for that particular company for which this customer is not maintained.