Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple selection in the ALV is not possible after system upgrade

roopesh_dolle
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

Hi Colleague,

I had been using an ALV, which was performing as desired before, but recently we had a system upgrade to NW7.0 and after that in this ALV multiple selection of records/rows is not allowed.

The colleagues who upgraded the system suggested that this may be because this ALV is instantiated at many places. I would request you to kindly provide a solution for the same ASAP, as I am not able to proceede ahead.

Warm regards,

Roopesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's right - let me second this.

I was just encounterinig the same problem on our newly upgraded NetWeaver 7.0 EnhP2.

I just checked and found that I used method BIND_TABLE to the context that is to be displayed in ALV, too.

So as soon as I commented out the logic, it worked perfectly again.

roopesh_dolle
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks for your replies, I had figured out the actual problem. The reason was, the referance of the selected rows was lost as I was doing bind elements to the context after moving to wddomodify.

So I figured out an alternative solution to avoid binding on selection of records.

Best regards,

Roopesh

Edited by: Roopesh Dolle on Apr 14, 2011 7:04 AM

Edited by: Roopesh Dolle on Apr 14, 2011 7:05 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roopesh ,

Have you set the select mode for ALV , if not kindly use the method :

if_salv_wd_table_settings~SET_SELECTION_MODE for allowing multi selection for ALV

Regards

Kuldeep

roopesh_dolle
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

Hi Kuldeep,

Thanks for your suggestion and even I felt the same and after doing that also, I could not see any changes.

The pseudocode used by me is-

lr_model->if_salv_wd_table_settings~set_selection_mode( cl_wd_table=>e_selection_mode-multi ).

Can you let me know what might have went wrong.

Kind regards,

Roopesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rupesh,

Can you Please create a test ALV application from start and check with the statement mentioned by you.

if_salv_wd_table_settings~set_selection_mode( cl_wd_table=>e_selection_mode-multi ).

If it does not work, You can please update.

Best regards,

Rohit

Madhu2004
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Check if the SELECTION property of the context node you binded to ALV is either 1..n or 0..n.

Regards,

Madhu

roopesh_dolle
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

I have even checked that and it is 0-n.

Kind regards,

Roopesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roopesh,

Press CTRL to select multiple rows, in normal table at top left side small swith where u can get SELECT and DESELECT ALL

functions.

Cheers,

Kris.

roopesh_dolle
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

Hi Kris,

I had tried all keys and then only I thought that some correction in the back end is needed. I am not sure if this could be corrected by frame work colleagues or we ourself has to do some changes in the code, as in some of other ALV's multiple selection/deselection is working fine.

Warm regards,

Roopesh

Edited by: Roopesh Dolle on Mar 28, 2011 7:59 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

If it was working and it is not working after upgrade then i would suggest to get help from SAP SUpport help desk. Raise a OSS note.