cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read Sender Interface name in Adapter module

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a need to read the Sender Interface name in an adapter module that will be attached to a Sender SOAP channel. Any ideas on how this can be done.

I am familiar with the following code construct from the docs

Hashtable mp = (Hashtable)inputModuleData.getSupplementalData("module.parameters");
fileName = (String) mp.get("FileName");

What is the key name (in the hashtable) for Sender Interface name ? The docs seem to be silent on this

I dug around some and found references to "mp.context" and "message.interface". I guess I could just test this out but I dont have deploy access and I dont want to keep asking the BASIS group to deploy the module while I play around with different combinations...

So would the following work

Hashtable mp = (Hashtable)inputModuleData.getSupplementalData("mp.context");
interfaceName = (String) mp.get("message.interface");

Thank you

Anil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use Dynamic configuration in the udf. See integration directory api ...

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a0336199-d3c7-2c10-c983-f8a945a45...

Hope that helps..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure I understand. I dont really have a map - so no UDF. Isnt the Directory API to manipulate objects in the Directory ?

I was hoping there was a way to read the Sender Interface name within an adapter module on the SOAP Sender Channel

We have various partners sending us data over SOAP (as attachments) and we send this to a common proxy object in ECC. Depending on the Sender Interface name, we'd like to do some partner specific processing in the proxy.

So the need to find the Sender Interface name in the Adapter module. Is there any way to do this ?

Thanks

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

I am not sure of how to get the Sender interface name. I even tried the code that you suggested above. It gave me a null pointer exception.

I think instead of Sender Interface name you can decide upon the Sender System/Service.

To get the Sender System Name:

Object obj = null; 
Message msg = null; 

obj = ModuleData.getPrincipalData(); 
msg = (Message) obj; 

String SenderSystem = msg.getFromService(); 

Here based on the sender system you can do your partner specific processing in Proxy. Instead of Sender Interface Name.

Hope this helps

Regards,

Aravind

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Aravind. Does not solve the issue but certainly gives me some ideas