cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI QA sync with BI PRD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We did a DB refresh of our BI QA system with the BI Production system backup.

1. Created a new client in BI QA same as before

2. Did a local client copy (Production system client was the source client)

3. Executed BDLS for converting the logical system names

4. Generated RFC destination pointing to the QA Source system

Now when we execute RSA1, an error popping up u201CYou can only work in client 900u201D u201CYour SAP BW system can only operate in client 900u201D (900 is our BI Production client).

I cannot change the client ID in the field BWMANDT of table RSADMINA as it is not suggested by SAP.

Could you please share your experience on this.

Below is an extract from SAPnote 522569 - BW: Working in several clients (especially APO 4.x/SCM 4.x)

The default client must still appear in the BWMANDT field in the RSADMINA table. Under no circumstances must you change this entry, otherwise it may be impossible to use the data in the InfoCubes and the master data tables. Numbers are taken and created only in this client.

Using transaction SM59, create an RFC destination for this default client with the following attributes:

RFC destination (name) BWCLIENT

Connection type: R/3 connection

Client: Default client from the RSADMINA-BWMANDT table

The connection must have a password or it must be set as a trusted system. It must be possible to log on using this connection without additional passwords being requested.

Enter this RFC connection in the BWMANDTRFC field of the RSADMINA table.

Regards,

Azher.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you need to work in the new client and will use RSA1 from this new client only then please change entry field BWMANDT of table RSADMINA. SAP recommends to not to change this entry if you want to use client that is already there in BWMANDT field as BW client/Productive client.

Also, I am not sure why you are doing client copy after DB refresh. If it is because client number of your QA and Production system are different, then I would suggest you to have same client number in production and quality system because then you can save a lot of time and can avoid all these problem of RSA1.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

Sorry for the delay in reply...

The requirement was to provide our BI team the same clients on QA and Dev as before, so I created the same clients and did a client copy (SAP_ALL) and changed the fields of RSADMINA table, and I restored the connections to the source system (ECC) the system is fine now.

Thanks for the solution.

Would you please s e n d me your e m a i l just to keep in touch.

Regards,

Azher.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have a requirement at our end as below-

1)We have 2 clients in our APO Developement system and they are using BW functionality of APO

2)These 2 clients need to talk to 2 different client in our ECC System for ex:- APD has 2 clients(100 & 200) and ECC has two clients(101 and 201).

We need APD 100 to talk to ECC client 101 and APD client 200 talking to ECC client 201.

The query is - Is this possible to do the same .

If yes,can anyone guide me with some required documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny

We have a requirement at our end as below-

1)We have 2 clients in our APO Developement system and they are using BW functionality of APO

2)These 2 clients need to talk to 2 different client in our ECC System for ex:- APD has 2 clients(100 & 200) and ECC has two clients(101 and 201).

We need APD 100 to talk to ECC client 101 and APD client 200 talking to ECC client 201.

The query is - Is this possible to do the same .

If yes,can anyone guide me with some required documents