cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STMS: Add a great number of transport requests to the queue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody!

we make a system copy and I have two questions regarding this.

1. After the system has been copied, we have to add a great number of transport requests to the transport queue (transaction STMS). Is there a report to to this?

2. Of course, the transport requests added to the queue have to be imported. Is it possible to mark them all at a time and then start the import? I mean, if one specific object (for instance a reportsource) is part of several transport requests, does the STMS ensure that they are imported in the correct order, so that the following won't happen: a imported object is overwritten by a older version.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards

CHRIS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can also add multiple requests in the queue from operating system level by making a script to add first all the requests in the buffer and then import. Please do so if you are experienced with it.

Thanks

Sunny

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for all your answers and hints.

I still feel a little insecure about importing all transport requests at a time. Are you sure the transport requests are imported according to the date the have been released?

Thanks and regards

Chris

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can always create a script to import the transport in order using tp import command.

The process is really well documented so please do a search before posting any further.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

As Sunny said you can do it from OS as there is no SAP program. Create a file with the all transports no. that you want to add to the buffer at the OS level. Here is the script that we use:

for i in `cat file_name`

do

tp addtobuffer $i SID client=xxx pf=TP_DOMAIN_SID.PFL

done

For you second question, the sequence of import into the system will be based on how they are listed in the STMS queue. So first transports goes first then the second, third and so on.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Naveed