cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pass search parameter to ResultSet iView.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using standard MDM WebDynpro Components in which requirement is not to use Std. Search iView and pass search parameter say "xxxx" to Std. Result Set iView to show the result for "xxxx".

Please let me know how shall I pass the value or default the search criteria in resultset

- Akshay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

fine , but then ur record ids are selected based on a search parameter - isnt it ??

how will then get the record ids , without knowing what to set

you have to use search component here in the program as a pre-requisite !

this is like calling a webservice - with the java server down

thanks

-Adrivit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah correct..!!

This is a kind of workflow scenario where the search parameters will be recorded in a different screen and in the second screen only the results should be seen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

what do you mean ?? dont get confused

you call the search method with the parameter of your choice

you get only those records matching the search criteria.

get hold of the record ids (in the returned resultset) and do what ever you want

hope this helps

thanks

-Adrivit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adrivit

I want to call ResultSet with the paramter.. In my scenario I am not using Search component.

I directly want to set record id for result set.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you know the search parameter, you can make a search and get the result, from which you will get the record IDs, which in turn will be set to resultset WD component.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the suggestion. I am fetching record ID for the search parameter from the result. But I am not sure how to set the record ID to the resultset component to display the result. Can you please suggest me that as well.