cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Cost Settlement through CJ88

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have maintained "Total Values check" in budget profile under time frame and "overall check" under availability control.

When i am creating service orders then availability control is working properly. But when i am trying to do settlement using cj88 then system is not allowing me to do settlement. It is giving message that budget is exceeded.Even though i have sufficient budget.

Can someone tell me why Availability control is behaving differently?How can i settle costs?I need to settle costs of the project against asset account and all WBS costs should get settled against parent WBS. I had maintained settlement rule for the same.

Regards,

Kamal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you are settling all the child WBSE costs to your parent WBSE, this is also a type of cost posting for the parent, just like a GRN or SES.

Go to CJ31, see your "Distributable" budget against the top WBSE. This is considered as the available budget for that individual WBSE.

The process you are trying to carry out is similar to multilevel settlement. You need to deactivate availability control for this project before settlement & activate it again after settlement run.

regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It worked. Thanks for reply.

Regards,

Kamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gentlemen,

The solution is temporary as activating/de-activating availability control each time is not viable at the time of settlement run....check the following;

1. If the settlement cost element is a secondary cost element and flasgged as 21 (Internal Settlement).

2. Check the accounting documents after the settlement transaction is posted and look for the sender & reciever cost element.

3. Else request you to kindly explain your chart of account structure only to find out if the settlement reciever cost element is part of COGS (Cost of Goods Sold) cost element group.

4. If the date of creating service entry sheet is beyond the fiscal year as you have suggested that you have activiated both the indicators (Overall & Annual Values) i.e. if date of creation of service order and date of confirmation of service entry sheet.

Hope this is useful

Regards

Kaashif M