cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASN Publish "A severe error (Application Data Not Valid) has occurred".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

A Supplier created an ASN and successfully saved it as a Draft. The PO and ASN look correct. Is there a way to trace what caused the error message. The other two message in the message log are "Validation for validation profile POC4 (ICH - ORDER_DELIVERYUPDATE - LINE) was successful" and "Validation for validation profile POC4 (ICH - ORDER_DELIVERYUPDATE - ITEM) was successful".

The supplier has successfully created ASN's similar to this one with no issue. If there is no trace option, can any one suggest any possible causes.

If I change the ASN and do a Check and save as Draft, there is no issue, only when publishing it.

Regards,

Jeff

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff

There are validation checks that run, when you try to publish ASN data

They are available under P001 validation profile

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/en/a5/816ed4528b49d9a85c60b1fba16c5a/content.htm

Go by the description and verify the data in your ASN

As a first step, I suggest you to relook at ASN data, make sure everything is relevant including ship to location, ship from and reference data.

If everything looks fine then check whether ODM data is fine or not

SNC 7.0---- refer note 1178483

SNC 5.1-----refer note 1019289

Are you using Handlling Units ???

I remember a note for the same problem but it is in lower releases, not sure if you are facing the same problem

Best Regards

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vinod,

The ODM settings are correct. The Supplier has created other ASN's without issue. The other note is for release 4.1, so I don't think it applies. Yes, the Supplier is using HU's.

I've checked all the data on the ASN and PO in SNC as you suggested. All looks correct. Is there a trace function I can use to follow the process after hitting Publish and see the exact spot where the error is triggered?

As ASN is a draft, should the supplier cancel the ASN and create a new one? Saving the ASN as a draft again is successful but not Publishing it.

Regards,

Jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff

As ASN is a draft, should the supplier cancel the ASN and create a new one? Saving the ASN as a draft again is successful but not Publishing it.

No, there is no rule to cancel and proceed

As i am not aware of your pre ASN process, i found few notes which might help you

Now regarding tracing, you need developer support, right click on the web screen where you are getting this error, go to more field help.........then technical help...........there you will be able to see component and view details of the web screen

Since you are on ASN screen, these will be the details

Component: /SCF/BSP2WD

View: BSP_CONTROLLER

Go to se80, search the above details under Web Dynpro Comp./Intf

Go to views----BSP_Controller....double click it.........go to methods

WDDOINIT

WDDOMODIFYVIEW

Now ask any developer to put a break point in the above methods and run the scenario in webscreen, then you will be able to debug/trace what is the exact issue

This should help you

Best Regards

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vinod,

My developers tell me that the error message "Application Data Not Valid" is dynamically generated. They have not been able to identifiy the cause for the severe error message on this ASN using your suggestions. Our OSS search has not identified any Notes on this issue either.

I've check all the data, Locations, products, trans lanes, all looks correct.

Regards,

Jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vinod,

Between our Developers and SAP, this issue has not been resolved. This issue has not appeared again and the Supplier were able to continue with a work around.

As always, thank you for you help and guidence.

Kind regards,

Jeff